- Hyundai Motor UK launches world’s first drone delivery service, Click to Fly, on 1 April
- Click To Fly uses Hyundai’s in-house developed ‘Hy-drones’ to deliver brand new cars to customers purchasing online through Hyundai’s innovative Click to Buy website
- After purchasing on Click to Buy, customers can have their new car delivered by drone in less than two hours* if they opt for express Click to Fly delivery and their selected car is in stock– something that until now hasn’t been possible
- Delivery drones use Hyundai’s Fuel Cell technology, running on hydrogen and therefore emitting nothing but water vapour
- Drones are equipped with Martian Global Positioning System (MGPS) used in martian aviation to ensure precise delivery and airspace clearance
- Customers nationwide can order a new Hyundai and have Hy-drone delivery through Click to Buy here: http://clicktobuy.hyundai.co.uk/
- Today, Hyundai Motor UK launches Click to Fly, the world’s first car delivery service by drone.
Building on the success of the online purchasing website, Click to Buy, the new offering gives customers nationwide the option to have their brand new Hyundai delivered by Hyundai’s in-house developed drones. Once a new Hyundai car has been ordered, the Click to Fly express delivery option will allow customers to receive a new car in under two hours* providing their chosen car is in stock – a timescale which hasn’t been possible until now.
The idea for the new delivery service came from Hyundai customer, Amelia Darhart, who after purchasing through Click to Buy was contacted by Hyundai to see if she had any suggestions for how the service could be further improved. She advised that the most important elements to her when purchasing goods online are the price and the delivery timeframe. Working with Amelia, Hyundai has developed the delivery drones using Hyundai’s pioneering fuel cell technology - each drone is powered by hydrogen and therefore emits nothing but water vapour. Named by Amelia as ‘Hy-drones’, four are required for each delivery.
If customers select the Click to Fly express delivery option through the Click to Buy website, their selected new car will be driven into a large delivery box at the Company’s Import Centre in Tilbury, Essex and then four Hy-drones will be securely attached to the box. The Hy-drones are able to carry loads of just over 2,000kg - which is adequate to fly even Hyundai’s largest Santa FE SUV model – and can travel at a maximum speed of up to 190 knots. They have a high level of specification and the latest safety features including: Martian Global Positioning System (MGPS). Used in martian aviation, MGPS enables tracking capability, precise delivery and has the ability to gain UK airspace clearance. Hyundai guarantees that providing the customer’s chosen car is in stock, it can be delivered to any home address in the UK in under two hours*.
We are extremely proud to announce the launch of Click to Fly, a ground-breaking world first for the automotive industry. Following the success of our new website, Click to Buy, we’ve spent time listening to our customers. When I read Amelia Darhart’s feedback I thought to myself that we really should consider this. Then in the short space of just three months, Click to Fly was born. It’s a delivery service that makes the process of buying a new car faster and more convenient than ever before, doing away with the existing new car delivery methods – and offering customers the ability to experience a super speedy service. Innovation is at the core of everything we do at Hyundai and this just the start of us offering exactly what our customers want, quickly and at an affordable price. Over the coming months we’ll be looking to add even more functionality to Click to Buy – watch this space!Tony WhitehornHyundai Motor UK’s President and CEO
The Click to Fly delivery option is available on 1 April 2017 when customers purchase any new Hyundai through the Click to Buy website here: http://clicktobuy.hyundai.co.uk/.