- September 2022 global sales totaled 355,040 units, up 24.4% from a year earlier
- Hyundai sold 298,130 units outside of Korea, a 23.4% increase YoY
- In the Korean market, the company sold 56,910 units, up nearly 30% YoY
- Hyundai continues to alleviate the impact of business uncertainties globally
Hyundai Motor Company today announced its September 2022 global sales of 355,040 units, a 24.4 percent increase year-over-year. Despite global supply and ongoing geopolitical issues, global sales have recovered steadily this year.
In markets outside of Korea, Hyundai Motor sold a total of 298,130 units, a 23.4 percent increase from a year earlier. Strong sales in North and South America, India and Asia-Pacific markets helped to drive momentum.
Sales in Korea were up by 29.8 percent year-over-year to 56,910 units with solid sales performance by SUV models and Genesis luxury brand vehicles, selling 17,059 units and 9,646 units, respectively.
In spite of unfavorable external conditions, including ongoing components shortages and cost fluctuations of raw materials, Hyundai Motor will continue to alleviate business uncertainties by optimizing production and inventory while diversifying business strategies tailored for each region.
Even though global sales were down by 1 percent in the period January to September from the year earlier, the decline has been decreasing since mid-year, spurred by global sales recovery. Hyundai Motor aims to capitalize on this trend in the fourth quarter with a strengthened product lineup, including the recently launched IONIQ 6 and the new model of Grandeur sedan to be unveiled at the end of this year.
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.