- STARIA, Hyundai’s MPV lineup, recognized with ‘Best of the Best’ title at Red Dot Award: Product Design 2022
- Since its launch, STARIA has offered a completely new experience and value proposition to global customers through its unprecedented design and innovation
Hyundai Motor Company announced today its STARIA multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) has won the ‘Best of the Best’ accolade at the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2022. The Best of the Best is awarded for groundbreaking design and is the highest title in the competition. STARIA took the honor in the Cars & Motorcycles category, further reinforcing Hyundai’s global competitiveness in product design.
STARIA is Hyundai’s new MPV lineup crafted with the ‘inside-out’ design approach that has surely opened up a new mobility era for all. Our design team has put their passion into this product, working closely with our world-class modelers and engineers to make the dream come true.
STARIA boasts a strikingly futuristic and mysterious exterior that resembles a space shuttle. A single stroke running from front to rear is reminiscent of the curve of light that illuminates the Earth’s horizon at sunrise when viewed from space.
The cruise ship-inspired interior delivers a luxurious look and unique atmosphere that focuses on the driver’s convenience and passengers’ comfort. The lowered beltlines and panoramic side windows improve overall visibility and create a feeling of openness. This sense of spaciousness, inspired by traditional Korean ‘hanok’ architecture, allows passengers to feel as if the outside scenes are an extension of the vehicle interior.
Since its launch last year, STARIA has won several accolades for its design excellence and product innovation. STARIA received the honor in the transportation category of the 2021 GOOD DESIGN Awards and was recognized in the ‘Best Cars 2022’ readers’ poll organized by Germany’s auto motor und sport magazine.
Hosted by Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Germany, Red Dot Award is one of the world’s largest design competitions. The award breaks down into three different disciplines: Product Design, Brand & Communication Design, and Design Concept, to better appraise the diversity in the field of design. The Red Dot Award: Product Design sets out to find the year’s best market-ready products that are aesthetically appealing, functional, smart or innovative. For more information about Red Dot, please visit https://www.red-dot.org/.
Disclaimer: CO2 and emissions data
- Fuel consumption in l/100 km for the Hyundai STARIA 2.2 CRDi 2WD: low (short-haul) 11.1; medium (suburban) 8.5; high (rural) 7.2; high (highway) 8.6; combined 8.5; CO2 emissions in g/km: 222; CO2 efficiency class: C.
- Fuel consumption in l/100 km for the Hyundai STARIA 2.2 CRDi 4WD: low (short-haul) 12.1; medium (suburban) 9.0; high (rural) 7.4; high (highway) 8.8; combined 8.9; CO2 emissions in g/km: 232; CO2 efficiency class: D.
- The stated fuel consumption and CO2 emission values were determined according to the prescribed WLTP measurement procedure.