- The Hyundai IONIQ has been named as the most highly rated car in the Honest John Satisfaction Index 2021, having achieved the same feat in 2020
- 5,000 genuine car owners rated their vehicles on their comfort, reliability, ease of-use and more to generate the Index results
- The IONIQ scored an average of 95.7% in the survey, surpassing its 2020 score of 93.7%
- The Hyundai IONIQ was launched in 2016, the first car offered with three electrified powertrains, and was recently heavily updated
- Starting from £24,045, the IONIQ is available to buy now (https://www.hyundai.co.uk/new-cars)
Overall, the IONIQ secured an average satisfaction rating of 95.7% from owners, improving on its outstanding score of 93.7% from last year’s survey.
This year, the Honest John Satisfaction Index asked more than 5,000 genuine car owners for their honest feedback on the models they own, individually rating them for their reliability, ride comfort, fuel economy, practicality and performance. HonestJohn.co.uk champions fairness for car owners by publishing expert, unbiased information to help consumers make informed choices about their cars.
For the second year in a row, the Hyundai IONIQ is the best car in the UK for owner satisfaction, coming out on top in all of the key areas, notching up an incredible average of 95.7 %. Drivers tell us the IONIQ is efficient, easy to use, practical and comfortable. It’s also the highest-rated car for reliability, with a near-flawless average of 9.93 out of 10. It’s a fantastic result for an excellent car.
The Hyundai IONIQ was launched in 2016, becoming the first car in the world to be offered with three separate electrified powertrains, IONIQ Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Electric. Recently, the IONIQ line-up was updated with a fresh exterior design, new technology and even greater practicality. All models received new front and rear bumpers, headlamps and tail lamps, whilst interior changes included a comprehensive redesign of the dashboard with upgraded materials and finishes, updated instrument cluster, cabin mood lighting and all new touch type temperature and multimedia controls.
The three separate powertrains – Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Electric – were all also optimised, delivering 193 miles of zero emissions range in the Electric, 32 miles of electric range (and more than 660 miles total range) in the Plug-in Hybrid and CO2 emissions as low as 102g/km in the Hybrid.
To see IONIQ achieving a near-perfect score for owner satisfaction in this Index, for two years in a row, is an enormous achievement. IONIQ marked a watershed moment in our history as a pioneer of electrified mobility and as these results prove, it was an excellent foundation for the launch of a dedicated EV-only IONIQ brand, which now includes the revolutionary IONIQ 5 and will soon include IONIQ 6 and IONIQ 7.