- So much for shopping around – research by Hyundai Motor UK has found that over a third of Brits know exactly what they want and buy the very first car they see!
- Men and women want the same things - when it comes to buying a car, both ranked the same things that were most important to them. Amongst the top priorities was price, reliability, comfort, economy and the car brand. Both also sated the same when it came to what they ‘love most’ about their car with 39% saying reliability
- Buyers still want a second opinion; over 71% of women said they’d take someone with them to look over a new car, compared with just 40% of men
- The research found that the most in-demand options on a new car were air conditioning, parking sensors, electric windows, sat-nav, a spacious boot, digital radio, demisting mirrors, automatic braking, heated seats and Bluetooth
- Four-in-ten British drivers have bought a car and regretted doing so later, despite those polled typically owning a car for nearly six years before buying another
- A typical motorist has owned six cars throughout their lifetime, with their first one costing £1,596 on average and their current car costing £11,313 on average.
The research enforces the trend towards better informed customers making the most of online car research and buying tools, such as Hyundai’s Click to Buy website. Key Hyundai models are available through the site, which gives customers a transparent fixed price for the car, as well as full information on monthly payments, CO2 emissions, equipment and fuel economy.
When it comes to top priorities, men and women generally want exactly the same things when it comes to their cars. From the 2,000 drivers surveyed, over 71% said that price was the most important factor in their buying decision - with the average cost of their current vehicle at £11,313, compared with £1,596 that they typically paid for their first car. Although regionally, it seems that those in the North East are most concerned about price while Londoners are the least concerned.
Amongst the biggest gripes Brits have about their cars are how slowly it accelerates, how much it costs to fill up and how many scratches and dents it has.
Even though four-in-ten drivers have bought a car and regretted doing so later, on the whole, the nation is largely content. Over half said that absolutely nothing annoys them about their cars and the thing they love the most is how reliable it is. Owners tend to keep their car for five years and eight months on average before getting a new one. Despite this, there were certain features that motorist said that they would want on their next car; air conditioning came top trumps with 42% saying it was a must, followed by parking sensors, electric windows and Sat-nav in fourth place.
Clearly today’s car-buyers are better informed than ever, and they’re making very concrete decisions on which car they want before even going to see it. This is a trend that we’ve seen grow in recent years and we want to be ahead of it, which is why we offer the most comprehensive new-car-buying research and online purchasing tool on the market, with Click to Buy.
Whether your priority is price, size or economy, Hyundai has an extensive range of cars from the i10 City Car, the eco-friendly IONIQ range, up to the 7-seat Santa Fe SUV. And if you are one of those people who wishes your car would accelerate quicker, the new i30 N hot hatch is definitely worth a look. With up to 275PS of engine power and 0-62 mph in just 6.1 seconds - while still offering the practicality of a family hatchback and an affordable price tag - it will certainly add a bit of spice to the daily commute!
TOP 20 – FEATURES WE WANT IN OUR NEXT CAR
- 1. Air conditioning
- 2. Parking sensors
- 3. Electric windows
- 4. Sat-nav
- 5. Spacious boot
- 6. Digital radio
- 7. Demisting mirrors
- 8. Automatic braking system
- 9. Heated seats
- 10. Bluetooth
- 11. Parking cameras
- 12. Sound system
- 13. Cruise control
- 14. Lumbar Support
- 15. Panoramic Sunroof
- 16. Leather seats
- 17. Cup holder
- 18. Heated Steering Wheel
- 19. Remote Start
- 20. Android Auto/Apple CarPlay
From more information on Hyundai’s range of cars, which all come with a five year unlimited mileage warranty, visit: www.hyundai.co.uk