- High Performance Vehicle & Motorsport Division established in March
- Mr. Schemera joins Hyundai as Executive Vice President to oversee strategy, product planning, sales and marketing for new division
- Hyundai aims to boost synergy between new division and Albert Biermann-led high performance vehicle development at Hyundai Motor Group
The High Performance Vehicle & Motorsport Division, which was launched effective March, will streamline Hyundai’s strategy, product planning, sales and marketing capabilities for high performance vehicle operations to maximize synergy between headquarters and the company’s motorsport arm Hyundai Motorsport GmbH, to further develop the high performance vehicle business.
I am thrilled to join Hyundai Motor, which is presenting incredible prowess in its high performance technologies through models like the i30 N, despite being relatively new to this competitive scene. I will dedicate my expertise and knowledge obtained over my three-decade career to making a significant contribution to Hyundai’s development in this field and to provide pure driving pleasure to our customers.
Thomas Schemera is one of the most renowned experts in the high performance vehicle business with experience in all of the world’s major markets. I am excited he is joining us and I’m confident that his participation will help put Hyundai’s high performance vehicle business onto the fast track.
Biography – Mr. Thomas Schemera (55)
- 2015 ~ 2018: Head of BMW M, BMW Individual in the Americas
- 2009 ~ 2014: Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Driving Experience at BMW M / Germany
- 2005 ~ 2008: Vice President of Sales, Dealer Development at BMW / Mainland and Greater China
- 1987 ~ 2007: Various posts at BMW Group
- 1987: Admission at BMW as designing engineer