- Production of the new Hyundai i30 N begins at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech
- Enhanced design focused on dynamic performance for maximum driving fun
- Available for the first time with N DCT, a wet-type 8-speed dual clutch
Hyundai Motor has begun production of the new i30 N at its factory in the Czech Republic. The enhanced high-performance model builds on the success of the award-winning original i30 N, adding new features and technology to deliver even more driving fun. It joins the i30 range of five-door hatchback, Wagon and Fastback body types on the production line, as well as the all-new TUCSON and the new KONA Electric.
The new Hyundai i30 N comes with fresh and unique exterior design elements that have been developed with a focus on dynamic performance. Design enhancements include a more aggressive front bumper, a new cascading grille design, and new LED headlamps with V-shape DRL and black bezel for the headlamps. A new glossy black rear spoiler with a unique triangular light and two large exhaust pipes integrated into the lower bumper diffuser complete the pure high-performance appearance.
For the first time, the i30 N is available with N DCT, an 8-speed dual-clutch transmission which enables a variety of high-performance features for maximum driving fun in everyday life as well as on the racetrack.
The new i30 N is available in both hatchback and fastback body types. It comes with a 2.0-litre turbocharged engine. Standard trim delivers a power output of 250 PS associated with a six-speed manual transmission (6MT) while the Performance Package delivers 280 PS including improved acceleration performance available on both MT and N DCT. Both trims deliver a top speed of up to 250 km/h. The new i30 N with Performance Package and MT accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 5.9 seconds, which is an improvement of 0.2 seconds compared to the previous model. The Performance Package DCT version can accelerate from 0‑100 km/h in 5.4 seconds using Launch Control.
The i30 N underwent extensive testing during its development process, including 180,000 kilometres of durability testing and tens of thousands of additional kilometres for performance assessments. It was honed under the most demanding conditions – Germany’s notorious proving ground, the Nürburgring-Nordschleife – and underwent additional quality evaluation at its production site in the Czech Republic, driving the famous Červenohorské sedlo in the Jeseníky Mountains and the Ecce Homo track in Šternberk as well as at the Autodrom Most race circuit.
Since its launch in 2017, more than 54,000 i30 N units have been sold worldwide, including over 28,000 units in Europe, and it has won several awards from leading automotive media and publishers including the Auto Bild Sports Car of the Year 2018 and 2020. In 2020, i30 N was “Import Winner” in the “Small and Compact Car” category in the 2020 Auto Bild Sports Cars Award. Hyundai N models have inspired a community of fans known as “N-thusiasts”.
Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Czech (HMMC) is a high-capacity plant with technically advanced production equipment, located in Nošovice, Czech Republic. Having started production in November 2008, to date the plant has produced over 3.4 million cars. With its 3,300 employees, it has a production capacity of up to 1,400 cars per day and more than 300,000 cars per year. HMMC cars are sold in more than 70 countries on five continents.
Fuel consumption and emissions data
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI (250 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 7.7; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 175 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI (280 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 8.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 182 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDI with N DCT in l/100 km: 8.4; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 191 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDI (250 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 7.7; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 175 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDI (280 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 8.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 182 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDI with N DCT in l/100 km: 8.4; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 191 (WLTP)