- IONIQ 6 honored by World Car Awards at New York International Auto Show
- The Electrified Streamliner is the second straight Hyundai IONIQ model to sweep World Car Awards following IONIQ 5’s triple wins in 2022
- IONIQ 6 can charge 10-80 percent in just 18 minutes, offers a WLTP-rated range of 614 km1 and features Vehicle-to-Load technology
- As a smart mobility solutions provider, Hyundai Motor plans to introduce 17 battery electric vehicle models by 2030
Hyundai Motor Company’s acclaimed IONIQ 6 Electrified Streamliner has won the prestigious World Car of the Year, World Electric Vehicle and World Car Design of the Year, lauded by an international jury for its unique aerodynamic design and outstanding all-electric range. World Car Awards revealed the results at a ceremony held at the New York International Auto Show (NYIAS) today.
A jury of 100 automotive journalists from 32 countries chose IONIQ 6 from the top three finalists, all launched in 2022. This is Hyundai’s second straight triple honors at the World Car Awards. Last year, the jury named IONIQ 5 the winner in the same categories.
We are thrilled to receive this prestigious honor two years in a row, which recognizes the tremendous talents and unrelenting efforts of everyone at Hyundai Motor Company to bring EVs like IONIQ 6 to market. This honor reinforces our commitment to be a global leader in vehicle electrification and will serve to embolden our efforts as a smart mobility solutions provider
We always want to connect with customers on an emotional level and with the design of the IONIQ 6 we have created truly one of a kind. The daring streamliner styling combines strong emotional appeal with aerodynamic efficiency to give exceptional range. Inside, we set-out to create a personal studio which offers the mindful space and calm functionality which, we believe, elevates EV design.
IONIQ 6 is the second model in Hyundai’s dedicated all-electric lineup brand, IONIQ. It takes full advantage of a bespoke Electric-Global Modular Platform (E-GMP) architecture to offer 800-V, ultra-fast charging capabilities for a 10 to 80 percent charge in just 18 minutes and a spacious interior.
With an ultra-low drag coefficient of just 0.21, IONIQ 6 is one of the most aerodynamic and energy efficient EVs on the market. The Electrified Streamliner’s WLTP rated range on a single charge is 614 km1. The standard 2WD model with 18-inch tire achieves WLTP-rated energy consumption of 13.9 kWh/100 km.
IONIQ 6’s many features include Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) technology, driver assistance systems and advanced connectivity with over-the-air (OTA) software updates that offer the ultimate in-car experience. The spacious and ergonomic interior takes full advantage of the elongated 2,950 mm wheelbase to provide an array of empowering features, such as Dual Color Ambient Lighting, Speed Sync Lighting, EV Performance Tune-up and Electric Active Sound Design (e-ASD), to enhance the electric mobility experience.
This year, the World Car Awards jury also named SangYup Lee as the 2023 World Car Person of the Year for his vital contribution to the most stunning and innovative concept and production cars unveiled in 2022, including Hyundai IONIQ 6, the All-new KONA and the N Vision 74 rolling lab.
In addition, IONIQ 6 has won prestigious awards during the past few months as it’s been named ‘Saloon of the Year’ at the 2023 GQ Car Awards and ‘New Car of the Year’ hosted by Le Guide de l’auto. Plus, it achieved a five-star safety rating and ‘Best in Class’ selection in the ‘Large Family Car’ category from Euro NCAP.
The IONIQ brand’s winning this year will help to energize Hyundai Motor’s efforts to accelerate its electrification strategy and become the world’s leading EV maker. Hyundai Motor plans to introduce 17 new BEV models by 2030, including Genesis luxury brand models, and aims to boost annual global BEV sales to 1.87 million units by 2030.
1 The statistics provided are based on the Long-Range model (77.4 kWh) with a 2-wheel drive (2WD) configuration and 18-inch tires. The EPA-estimated range equivalence for this model is 361 miles.
Disclaimer: CO2 and emissions data
- Electricity consumption combined for the Hyundai IONIQ 6 77.4 kWh (18" alloy rims) with 2WD in kWh/100 km: 14.3; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 0 (WLTP)
- Electricity consumption combined for the Hyundai IONIQ 6 77.4 kWh (20" alloy rims) with 2WD in kWh/100 km: 16.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 0 (WLTP)
- Electricity consumption combined for the Hyundai IONIQ 6 77.4 kWh (18" alloy rims) with 4WD in kWh/100 km: 15.1; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 0 (WLTP)
- Electricity consumption combined for the Hyundai IONIQ 6 77.4 kWh (20" alloy rims) with 4WD in kWh/100 km: 16.9; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 0 (WLTP)