- 2021 May global sales totaled 323,129 units, up 42.7% Y/y
- Sales outside of Korea increased 67.7% to 261,073 units
- Sales in North America, South America, and Russia continued to grow in May, building on strong April results
- Sales in Korea down 12.4% to 62,056 units
Material de prensa
The company sold 261,073 units outside of Korea, up 67.7 percent from a year earlier when sales were seriously affected by COVID-19. Robust demand drove increased sales in many global markets, including North America and South America, and Russia where market conditions have improved.
Sales in Korea decreased 12.4 percent year-over-year to 62,056 units. Sedan models, including Grandeur (known as Azera in some markets), sold 7,802 units. Genesis luxury brand models also maintained steady sales, with the Genesis G80 sedan and Genesis GV70 SUV selling 5,584 and 4,336 units, respectively.
The company’s global sales showed solid improvement as the global automotive industry rebounds from slow auto demand that occurred during the outbreak of COVID-19 a year ago.
Hyundai will continue to make efforts to effectively manage the ongoing threat of COVID-19 and the global parts shortage issue.
Sales Results (Units)
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include entire sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.