As an alternative to the browser Add-on or within browsers on mobile devices click this link in order to opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this website in the future (the opt-out applies only for the browser in which you set it and within this domain): Disable Google Analytics
We will only use the personal data gathered through this website as set out in this Policy. Below you will find information on how we use your personal data, for which purposes your personal data is used, with whom it is shared and what control and information rights you have.
1. Informational use of the website
When you visit our website for informational reasons, i.e. without registering for any of our provided services and without providing us with personal data in any other form, we automatically collect your IP address in order to provide you with our website and to ensure system stability and efficiency and to implement proper safeguards as to the security of our website and services.
The personal data automatically collected is necessary to provide the website, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR as far as this is necessary to operate our website or Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest) with regards to our use of technical information to enhance our systems, make your usage of the websites more convenient or ensure the security of our websites. This is based on our legitimate interest as the data used for these purposes are stored for a limited period and do not allow us to personally identify a user.
Personal data that is collected is deleted automatically after the above mentioned purposes are fulfilled.
2. Cross border data transfers
Within the scope of our information sharing activities set out above, your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries outside the EEA) which may have different data protection standards than your country of residence. The website is hosted within the EU. Our servers, relevant for onward processing, are located in Korea. We have proper guarantees with the involved third parties in place (e.g. other Hyundai group companies operating the websites on our behalf) to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Please note that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. However, we will endeavor to take reasonable measures to keep up an adequate level of data protection also when sharing your personal data with such countries.
In the case of a transfer outside of the EEA, this transfer is safeguarded by EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
What are cookies?
The main purpose of cookies is to make it quicker for users to access the selected services. In addition, cookies make it possible to tailor the services offered by the website, allowing information of interest or potentially of interest to be provided to users depending on their use of the services. A cookie is any kind of file or device that is downloaded to a user’s system for the purpose of storing data that may be updated or retrieved by the company responsible for its installation.
Types of Cookies
Depending on the company managing them:
- Own cookies: Are those which are sent to the user’s system from a system or domain managed by the editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Are those which are sent to the user’s system from a system or domain that is not managed by the editor but by another company processing the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the period of time that they remain active:
- Session cookies: Are those cookies designed for gathering and storing data while the user is using a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only intended for providing the service requested by the user on one single occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
- Persistent cookies: In this type of cookie the data continues to be stored on the system and may be accessed and processed during a specific period of time by the manager of the cookie, which may range between several minutes and several years.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: Are those which allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different options or services offered, such as, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, recalling the parts of an order, carrying out the process for purchase of an order, making a request to register for or participate in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing contents for the transmission of videos or sound or sharing contents through social networks.
- Analytical cookies: Are those which enable the manager to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to draw up browsing profiles of the users of such websites, applications and platforms in order to introduce upgrades on the basis of the analysis of the data on the use of the service by users.
- Advertising cookies: Are those which enable the most efficient management possible of the advertising space that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided on the basis of criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: Are those which enable the most efficient management possible of the advertising space that the editor has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store behavioural information about users obtained through the ongoing observance of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be defined in order to show advertising on the basis of such profile.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR.
You may choose which cookies you want on this website by setting your browser. For further information on your opt-out choices, please see below.
4. Google Tag Manager
This website uses Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a solution operated by Google LLC. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”) that allows marketed website tags to be managed using an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-less domain and does not register personal data. The tool causes other tags to be activated which may, for their part, register data under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information. If recording has been deactivated on domain or cookie level, this setting will remain in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
5. Use of Google Analytics
The IP-anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
6. Use of Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik)
If you do not agree to the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, then you can object to the subsequent storage and use at any time. In this case, an opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which means that Matomo does not collect any session data.
If you delete your cookies, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and you may have to activate it again.
You can decide whether a unique web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser to enable the operator of the website to collect and analyze various statistical data.
If you choose not to, click the following link to place the Matomo opt-out cookie in your browser.
Matomo is used on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. f. GDPR. With this we want to ensure a demand-oriented design and the continuous optimization of our website. In addition, we use Matomo to record the usage of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our services for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate interest in accordance to the GDPR.
7. Using Crazy Egg Analytics
8. YouTube/ Vimeo Videos
On our websites you can watch videos uploaded on YouTube (a Google company) or Vimeo (Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011, USA ("Vimeo")) that are integrated via iFrame. The iFrames are set in a way that a connection is firstly established when you click on the “play” button.
If you are logged in to YouTube or Vimeo account at the same time when you press play, YouTube resp. Vimeo may associate your surfing behaviour with your user profile. You can prevent such data processing by logging out of your account before visiting our websites.
As this is the service of a third party, we have no influence on the processing of such data by Google or Vimeo. The purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Google or Vimeo as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the relevant information on data protection at www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/ or vimeo.com/privacy.
Legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR. The purpose and legitimate interest is to increase the visibility of this website and the attractiveness and user-friendliness of our services.
9. No requirement to provide personal data
The provision of your personal data will generally be voluntarily and there is no statutory nor contractual obligation to provide your personal data. We generally do not contractually require provision of your personal data; but note that in any event non-provision of personal data might exclude you from using some of our services or parts thereof.
We have reasonable state of the art security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal data. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
11. Data retention
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
12. Your rights
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
- require (i) information whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
- request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
- refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
- object, out of grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing;
- take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your Personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators; and /or
- require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller.
You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding our data processing by contacting us under the contact details set out below.
13. Contacting us or our data protection officer
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Policy or any requests concerning your personal data by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Our further contact details are disclosed in the imprint.
The information you provide when contacting us will be processed to handle your request and will be erased when your request was completed. Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the respective information in accordance with statutory retention requirements, if applicable.
If you wish to contact our data protection officer you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com