At a glance: All-New i10 may seem like a small car, but it makes a big statement
- The All-New i10 features a new dynamic and stylish design that illustrates its agile and active nature.
- The latest addition to Hyundai’s i-range features a class-leading safety and connectivity package.
- It is a full-featured A-segment car that is build in Europe for European customers and embodies Hyundai’s approach to making mobility affordable.
- The All-New i10’s dynamic and sleek exterior design offers a contrast between its soft surfaces and sharp lines.
- Its sporty wide front grille incorporates round LED Daytime Running Lights that feature a refined ‘honeycomb’ structure inside.
- The interior offers a youthful impression without compromising usability: it offers extra width and features a large décor panel on the dashboard with a 3D ‘honeycomb’ pattern.
Roominess and convenience
- With a volume of 252 litres, the All-New i10’s versatile luggage space is among the best in the segment.
- It can seat up to five passengers and has ample storage space for all your personal items and devices.
- The new rear-view camera is designed to assist drivers while parking.
- The All-New i10 offers class-leading connectivity, with a range of advanced technology functions integrated into the eight-inch colour touchscreen, which is the largest in the A-segment.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto guarantee seamless integration with smartphone devices. Wireless charging is also available.
- By offering high-tech Bluelink telematics, the All-New i10 is a pioneer in its class. Safety
- Equipped with the latest Hyundai SmartSense active safety features, including Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) and High Beam Assist (HBA), the All-New i10 has the most comprehensive safety package in its class.
- The All-New i10 is available with two engines: a 1.0-litre MPi 3-cylinder with 67 PS and 96 Nm torque, as well as a 1.2-litre MPi 4-cylinder with 84 PS and 118 Nm torque.
- Both engines are available with two transmission choices: a five-gear manual transmission and a five-gear automated manual transmission (AMT).
- The All-New i10 NLine
- The All-New i10 N Line offers a dynamic trim, unique sporty bumpers and grille, and a N-inspired interior.
- It also features an exclusive 1.0-litre Turbo GDi engine with 100 PS and 172 Nm torque
- The All-New i10 N Line will be available starting in summer 2020.
- The All-New i10 may seem like a small car, but it makes a big statement.
Since its introduction in 2008, the i10 has been a success story for Hyundai in Europe. The All-New i10 is designed, developed and made in Europe. Its exterior body reflects its young spirit while ensuring uncompromised accessibility and comfort to support its diverse users in their everyday activities. With the most comprehensive safety and connectivity offers in its class, the All-New i10 provides the complete package.
The i10 has consistently been one of our sales drivers and the historic base of growth for Hyundai in Europe, and we stay committed to our customers who are looking for a versatile A-segment car. The All-New i10 is the latest example of our democratisation of new technologies for our customers. To fit today’s customers’ needs, cars have to grow in many ways. The i10 may seem like a small car, but it makes a big statement. That’s why we are launching it with the tagline: “Go Big”.Andreas-Christoph HofmannVice President Marketing & Product at Hyundai Motor Europe
A dynamic and stylish design
The All-New i10 features a young and dynamic design that offers a contrast between its soft surfaces and sharp lines. Its visual stance is improved by its lowered roof and wider body, while the wide front grille expresses its sporty character and incorporates round LED Daytime Running Lights. Drivers can also opt for newly-designed optional 16- inch alloy wheels.
The design of the interior offers a youthful impression without compromising usability. The large décor panel on the dashboard, which shows a 3D ‘honeycomb’ pattern, brings visual value to the whole interior.
Convenience and class-leading connectivity
Thanks to the increased wheelbase (+40mm), the roominess for the passengers has been enhanced, and its versatile 252-litre luggage space is among the best in the segment. Meanwhile, the new rear-view camera assists drivers while parking.
New connectivity features, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, make the All-New i10 a leader in its class. These are integrated into an eight-inch colour touchscreen, the largest in the segment, and wireless charging is also available. Meanwhile, Bluelink telematics provides significant benefits to drivers regarding safety and security, control and connectivity via an app.
A comprehensive safety package
The All-New i10 is equipped with the latest Hyundai SmartSense active safety and driving assistance features – the most comprehensive safety packages in its class. This includes Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), High Beam Assist (HBA), Lane Keep Assist System (LKA), Driver Attention Warning (DAW) and the Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW).
Fun driving performance and an N Line version
The All-New i10 is available with two gasoline engines: a 1.0-litre MPi 3-cylinder and a 1.2-litre MPi 4-cylinder. Both engines are available with five-gear manual transmission or five-gear automated manual transmission.
Hyundai is also introducing the All-New i10 N Line, which features an exclusive 1.0-litre Turbo GDi engine for increased driving performance, as well as a range of design enhancements.
A dynamic and stylish design
With a contrast between its soft surfaces and sharp lines, the All-New i10 has a young, dynamic and sleek design that stands out in the A-segment. Compared to its predecessor, the latest generation model has enhanced proportions and a clean, smoothly muscled body which has been shaped to provide maximum inner space.
The All-New i10’s dynamic and sleek design offers a contrast between its soft surfaces and sharp lines. Compared to its predecessor, the All-New i10 has enhanced proportions. Its visual stance is improved by its lowered roof (-20mm) and its wider body (+20mm). These enhancements can be complemented by newly-designed optional 16-inch alloy wheels, resulting in an energetic and agile look.
The All-New i10 has a young and dynamic design that stands out in the A-segment. Its wide front grille expresses a sporty character and incorporates the round LED Daytime Running Lights showing a refined honeycomb structure inside. At the rear, two horizontal crease lines break up the soft surfaces of the boot and run into the taillight graphics.
The All-New i10 has a very dynamic look, combining opposing elements of softness and sharpness in both the interior as well as the exterior. This gives the car a rounded, muscular shape and a very young spirit. It is also lower and wider than the previous generation, meaning appears sportier, without compromising on roominess.Thomas BürkleChief Designer at Hyundai Europe Design Center
The side view of the All-New i10 is characterised by the clean, smoothly muscled main body, which has been shaped to provide maximum inner space. Unique triangular volumes visually emphasise the width of the car and highlight the position of the wheels at the four corners. The X-shaped C-Pillar, visible from far away, clearly identifies the car and draws the eye to the pillar-mounted i10 logo.
In addition to the 10 exterior base colours, customers’ customisation options are further increased by the option of a two-tone roof in either Black or Red – which brings out the All-New i10’s playful side. Three of the exterior colours are new: Dragon Red, Brass and Aqua Turqoise. Overall, 22 exterior colour combinations are available.
- [New] Dragon Red
- [New] Brass
- [New] Aqua Turqoise
- Phantom Black
- Polar White
- Star Dust
- Sleek Silver
- Champion Blue
- Tomato Red
- Slate Blue
Two tone roof in Premium specification is available in the following combinations:
- Dragon Red / Black roof
- Brass / Black roof
- Aqua Turqoise / Black roof
- Phantom Black / Red roof
- Polar White / Red or Black roof
- Champion Blue / Black roof
The design of the interior offers a youthful impression without compromising usability. One of the most important elements is the extra width created by the air-vents protruding the doortrim to support the horizontality of the architecture.
On Premium specification, the large décor panel on the dashboard shows the “honeycomb” 3D pattern that is carried as well into the door panels. This brings visual value to the whole interior.
With the youthful style and practical solutions of the interior not compromising on comfort for drivers and passengers alike, the much-appreciated larger segment character of the previous generation is continued. The doortrim is designed to visually extend the dashboard, while also guiding the eye towards the large storage compartments in the door. Additionally to the glovebox storage, the designers of the All-New i10 integrated an extra open storage compartment above the glovebox on the passenger side.
The interior is available in three colors.
- Obsidian Black – standard on SE and SE Connect specifications
- Brass Metal - standard on Premium specification
- Shale Grey - optional on Premium specifications
Roominess and convenience
The All-New i10 offers a wealth of convenience features for drivers, and is available as a four- or five-seater model. Thanks to the increased wheelbase (+40 mm), the roominess for passengers has been enhanced.
The All-New i10’s lowered beltline at the front (-11 mm) and rear of the vehicle (-13 mm) provides drivers with a better view of the road on both sides, as well as a sleeker design. In combination with less C-pillar obscuration, now 11.9o and down from 13.1o, drivers have better visibility when performing manoeuvres.
With a volume of 252 litres, its versatile luggage space is among the best in the segment. Meanwhile, the lift-in height is -29 mm lower (compared to the previous model), making it easier for drivers to load luggage into the trunk. The two-stage luggage board and one-hand folding rear seats are additional features contributing on to the model’s convenience.
The All-New i10 is available with a rear-view camera and with parking sensors, which are designed to assist drivers while parking. When reverse is selected, drivers can see where they are going on the centre screen on the dashboard.
The All-New i10 features a range of new connectivity features, making it a leader in its class. This includes the biggest screen in the segment, most advanced smartphone connectivity and wireless charging.
The All-New i10’s advanced technology functions are integrated into the eight-inch colour touchscreen, which is the largest in the A-segment. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto guarantee seamless integration, safe operation and mirrored functionality of mobile devices that are based on the iOS or Android operating systems. Wireless charging means that there is no need to use a cable to charge a smartphone.
Available connectivity equipment
- 8-inch Display Audio – standard from SE Connect specification
- 8-inch Audio Video Navigation (AVN) – optional Tech Pack on Premium specification
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – standard from SE Connect specification
- [New] Bluelink telematics - optional Tech Pack on Premium specification
- [New] Wireless charger - optional Tech Pack on Premium specification
Hyundai offers a range of connected car services through its dynamic full-featured Bluelink technology, which provides significant customer benefits regarding safety and security, control, connectivity. Bluelink uses telematics to transfer real-time data such as weather and traffic information, as well as real-time parking updates and local fuel and charging station information including prices.
With connectivity playing an essential part in modern mobility, Bluelink provides significant benefits to drivers through an embedded modem and via a companion app. It allows users to search for points of interest (POI) and send the search results directly to the car’s satellite navigation, which means it is set up even before they get into the car.
Other features include ‘Find My Car’, which allows drivers to locate their vehicle easily in an unfamiliar setting, as well as parking space and fuel station search, which offer live prices and availability.
Customers who choose navigation receive a subscription to Hyundai LIVE Services, which offers real-time traffic and weather conditions as well as the position of speed cameras in countries where this is permitted by law.
Bluelink and LIVE Services features:
- Remote services: drivers can lock/unlock their car, use the horn/lights and view vehicle status
- LIVE Services: real-time traffic, fuel stations/parking spaces (with prices), weather, speed cameras
- Find My Car: drivers can locate their vehicle easily in an unfamiliar setting
- Send to car (POI): search for local POIs and send results to car’s satellite navigation
- VR local search: online (cloud-based) voice recognition
- Security: Vehicle alarm notification
- Maintenance: diagnostics and vehicle report (e.g. tyre pressure and airbags), driving information
A comprehensive safety package
The All-New i10 is equipped with the latest Hyundai SmartSense safety features. With a wide array of active safety and driving assistance features, the new i10 has one of the most comprehensive safety packages in its class and complies with the strictest European safety standards.
Class-leading safety features
Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) utilises a multi-function camera to detect not just cars, but also pedestrians in front of the vehicle. Meanwhile, High Beam Assist (HBA) is designed to automatically switch between high and low beam and provides an optimal illumination of the road ahead by detecting lights from oncoming and preceding vehicles at night.
Other safety features available in the All-New i10 include the Lane Keep Assist System (LKA), Driver Attention Warning (DAW) and the Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW).
Standard safety and driving assist features:
- [New] Forward Collision-avoidance Assist (FCA) City/Urban and FCA Pedestrian: Using the multi-function camera, FCA helps prevent accidents with other vehicles in urban areas by detecting a vehicle which is stopped or slowing down in your path and automatically braking when necessary. Meanwhile, the multi- function camera detects pedestrians in the car’s path, activate a warning, and – if necessary – automatic braking. Forward Collision Warning (FCW) alerts the driver to potential on-road collisions.
- [New] High Beam Assist (HBA): HBA provides optimal illumination of the road ahead to detect lights emanating from oncoming and preceding vehicles at night, letting the driver focus on their driving.
- [New] Lane Keep Assist System: LKA uses the front camera to monitor the lines of the road. In case of an unintended lane departure, it will warn the driver and can apply counter steering torque to guide the car back to the lane. Meanwhile, Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) sounds an alarm before the car moves over white, grey and blue lines. The system warns the driver acoustically and visually before inducing corrective steering to guide the driver back to a safe position.
- [New] Intelligent Speed Limit Warning (ISLW): ISLW uses the front camera and information from the navigation system to identify road speed signs and display the speed limit in real time. The information is displayed both in the navigation system display as well as in the TFT cluster.
- [New] Driver Attention Warning (DAW): DAW monitors driving patterns to detect if the driver is distracted or drowsy. Once detected, it alerts the driver with a sound cue coupled with a warning message on the instrument panel.
The All-New i10 is also equipped with the standard eCall service – which in addition to the manual eCall button automatically contacts emergency services in the case of a more serious road incident resulting in the airbag sensors being triggered.
Fun driving performance and efficient powertrains
The All-New i10 offers a choice of two engines with two transmission choices for fun driving performance. In addition, features such as Idle Stop and Go illustrate its environmentally-conscious credentials.
New engine line-up
The All-New i10 is available with two engines. The 1.0-litre MPi 3-yclinder offers 67 PS and 96 Nm torque, as well as a maximum speed of 156 km/h. The 1.2-litre MPi 4-cylinder arrives with 84 PS and 118 Nm torque, and boasts a top speed of 171 km/h.
Both engines are available with two transmission choices, which consist of a five-gear manual transmission and a give- gear automated manual transmission (AMT). Compared to a traditional automatic transmission, the AMT increases efficiency thanks to its lighter weight and reduced friction.
1.0-litre MPi 3-cylinder
- Power: 67 PS
- Torque: 96 Nm
- Transmission: 5MT / 5AMT
- Maximum speed: 156 km/h
1.2-litre MPi 4-cylinder
- Power: 84 PS
- Torque: 118 Nm
- Transmission: 5MT / 5AMT
- Maximum speed: 171 km/h
Full details can be found in the technical specifications document.
More efficiency and driving dynamics
The Idle Stop and Go (ISG) is a standard feature for all powertrains, which contributes to lower fuel consumption, lower CO2 emissions and higher efficiency. The fuel savings of using the ISG are especially apparent when driving in urban areas, as the ISG automatically switches off the engine when the car comes to a halt. In order to further enhance aerodynamics, the drag coefficient of the car has been lowered from 0.32 to 0.31.
The All-New i10 features a MacPherson strut front suspension, and Motor Driven Power steering (MDPS). Additionally, handling has been improved through changes to the rear suspension and steering system. The rear Coupled Torsion Beam Axle (CTBA) profile has been changed from a triangle to a U shape to increase stability when steering the vehicle. The steering torsion bar has been strengthened to enhance steering response (2.4 to 2.7 Nm/deg), while the steering gear ratio is now quicker with 56.0 mm/rev compared to the previous 53.5 mm/rev.
Introducing the All-New i10 N Line
Hyundai is also introducing the All-New i10 N Line, the fourth Hyundai model to be equipped with its dynamic trim level. This new model combines the design of the All-New i10 with the sportiness and attitude of N Line. It follows on from the successful N Line launch in 2018 with the i30, followed by the i30 Fastback and the Tucson. Hyundai’s latest model is complemented by an exclusive 1.0 T-GDi engine for increased driving performance.
New trim and a sportier design
Like the All-New i10, the i10 N Line’s dynamic and sleek design offers a contrast between its soft surfaces and sharp lines. Its exterior design enhancements include unique bumpers and grille, giving it a dynamic look that is inspired by Hyundai’s engagement in motorsport. The exclusive 16-inch alloy wheels and the LED Daytime running lights illustrate the distinctive design of the All-New i10 N Line and emphasise the car’s sporty attitude.
The All-New i10 N Line’s other exclusive design features include the N Line emblem, i10 sign in red font, as well as a skid plate and diffuser. Customers can also choose from a total of six exterior colours which can be combined with a two-tone roof.
Interior details inspired by motorsport
The interior design gives a nod to race car interiors. It achieves this thanks to the N-branded steering wheel and gear shift lever, as well as red air vent rings and metal pedals. Meanwhile, the sporty seats offer more support for performance-oriented driving precision.
Like the standard i10, it offers a youthful style and practical solutions without compromising comfort.
An exclusive 1.0 Turbo GDi engine for fun driving performance
The All-New i10 N Line offers an exclusive 1.0-litre Turbo GDi 3-cylinder with 100 PS and 172 Nm torque. This is in addition to the 1.2-litre MPi 4-cylinder with 84 PS and 118 Nm torque. Both engines are available with a five-gear manual transmission.
The All-New i10 N Line will be available in Europe starting in summer 2020.