- Hyundai has released A new product walkaround video with Raf Van Nuffel, Head of Product Marketing & Pricing, at Hyundai Motor Europe.
- The all-new i20 features a dynamic new look, upgraded safety and connectivity features, and an optional 48-volt mild hybrid powertrain
- It is the first car in Europe to feature Hyundai’s new design identity, Sensuous Sportiness, and will be available starting summer 2020.
- UK specification to be confirmed
- Hyundai has released a new product walkaround for the all new i20, with video highlights all the main features.
Raf Van Nuffel, Head of Product Marketing & Pricing at Hyundai Motor Europe shares an in-depth look at the modern, airy interior.
Product walk-around video showcases upgraded features, new design and sleek interior design
The all-new Hyundai i20 features a sleek interior design, including a high dashboard and built-in ambient lighting, giving the cockpit an airy feeling. One of the most striking features is the new horizontal blades stretching high across the dashboard.
The video provides more details of the all-new i20’s interior. Two wide screens, a 10.25-inch digital cluster and a 10.25-inch centre touchscreen, create a digital landscape surrounding the driver. High-end connectivity and audio features are available, including a wireless charging pad and the Bose Premium audio system with eight speakers including a subwoofer.
Roominess and convenience of the all-new i20 are also highlighted. In particular, boot space has been increased by 25 litres compared to the previous generation i20 for a total of 351 litres.
The video reveals the new Lime Green interior trim option, whilst Black Mono and Black & Gray interior trim colours are also available. UK specification is yet to be confirmed.
The all-new i20 has a new, dynamic design with improved proportions. It features Hyundai’s new design identity, Sensuous Sportiness.
Safety and efficiency
Also included in the new model are a range of new SmartSense active safety features, giving the all-new i20 the most comprehensive safety package in its segment. Among the features are Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control, used to maintain an appropriate speed on highways, and Intelligent Speed Limit Assist, which adapts the speed autonomously.
In terms of drivetrains, for the first time, the all-new i20 is available with 48-volt mild hybrid technology, resulting in greater fuel efficiency. This technology is available with the 1.0 T-GDi engine with 100 or 120 PS. Another new feature is Intelligent Manual Transmission (iMT). In combination with the 48-volt system, iMT further reduces fuel consumption.
Full product information and technical specifications of the all-new i20 can be found here:
|The all-new Hyundai i20 | Press kit|