- Chelsea attackers feature alongside 15 stars of European football including Memphis Depay, Edin Dzeko, Antoine Griezmann and Salomon Kalou for the first time in new video
- Star-studded video is first Hyundai Motor release featuring all five of its domestic club partners; Chelsea FC, AS Roma, Atlético de Madrid, Hertha BSC and Olympique Lyonnais
- Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/zmNXhvL98Ro
- Hyundai Motor is a global partner of Chelsea FC, announcing a four-year partnership with the club at the start of the 2018/19 season
- Hyundai today released its ‘Matchday in Europe’ video featuring Chelsea stars Eden Hazard, Willian and Olivier Giroud alongside some of Europe’s top players.
The video, which follows a group of fans from each of Hyundai’s partner clubs: Chelsea FC, AS Roma, Atlético de Madrid, Hertha BSC and Olympique Lyonnais, on their journey to and from a game, features the players from the five clubs taking on a range of supporting roles such as baristas, photographers, club shop assistants and stewards to help enhance the fans’ matchday experience.
In total, 18 players feature across the video, including the likes of Dutch international, Memphis Depay (Olympique Lyonnais); Bosnian Footballer of the Year, Edin Džeko (AS Roma); French World Cup winner, Antoine Griezmann (Atlético de Madrid); Belgium captain, Eden Hazard (Chelsea); and former Premier League and UEFA Champions League winner, Salomon Kalou (Hertha BSC).
They are joined in the video by Javier Pastore, Cengiz Ünder and Bryan Cristante (AS Roma); Stefan Savić and Thomas Lemar (Atlético de Madrid); Olivier Giroud and Willian (Chelsea); Marvin Plattenhardt and Davie Selke (Hertha BSC); and Nabil Fekir, Anthony Lopes, Tanguy Ndombele and Bertrand Traoré (Olympique Lyonnais).
Personally, when I go onto the pitch I play for the fans. As players we are lucky to have the Chelsea fans because they travel everywhere and always show great support.Eden HazardChelsea
As part of our partnership with Chelsea, we want to put the fans first and at the heart of the action – so what better way to demonstrate that than with some of Europe’s biggest stars assisting them on matchday?! Through our partnership with Chelsea, we’re committed to creating a range of innovative initiatives that enhance fans’ matchday experience, bring ease to their mobility and make football more accessible and enjoyable for them.David PughMarketing Director at Hyundai Motor UK
Hyundai Motor expanded its portfolio of club football sponsorships ahead of the 2018/19 season by announcing four-year deals with Chelsea FC of the English Premier League and AS Roma of Serie A and three-year deals with Club Atlético de Madrid of La Liga and Hertha BSC of the Bundesliga, which complemented its ongoing relationship as shirt sponsor of Olympique Lyonnais of Ligue 1.
A FIFA Top Partner since 1999 and a UEFA partner for 18 years until 2017, Hyundai’s Pan-European programme is part of an extended football sponsorship strategy that aims to build deeper and more consistent emotional connections with football fans across the continent.
To find out more about Hyundai’s partnership with Chelsea and the ‘For the Fans’ campaign, visit https://blog.hyundai.co.uk/experiences/football.