- Hyundai Motor UK outlines measures to respond to the current situation caused by COVID-19 and the ensuing lockdown
- In line with instructions from UK Government, Hyundai and its dealer partners have taken all necessary actions to ensure that they act in the best interests of the country at this time
- All our dealerships have closed their doors to new and used vehicle sales. Some service centres remain open, primarily to ensure the ongoing service, repair and MOT of emergency and essential service vehicles and the vehicles of key workers.
- Actions have been taken to extend vehicle warranties and service timings to support customers who will be unable to have service or warranty work completed due to the closure of our dealerships
- Click to Buy - Hyundai’s online car-buying tool has also recently been updated, providing additional flexibility to customers and goes live today
- Hyundai Motor UK is also working hard to deliver support to NHS volunteers and key workers
- Fleet of vehicles from Hyundai Motor UK has been deployed to assist in NHS Buckinghamshire’s community response to the coronavirus pandemic, as well as 10,000 disposable car seat covers to be donated
- Hyundai retailers throughout the country are helping out where they can, with volunteers and donations to the key services and workers as well as helping to keep key workers on the road through their service centres
- Hyundai Motor UK outlines measures in response to the current situation caused by COVID-19 and the ensuing lockdown.
In line with instructions from UK Government, Hyundai and its dealer partners have taken all necessary actions to ensure that they act in the best interests of the country at this time.
All our dealerships have closed their doors to new and used vehicle sales. However, some service centres remain open, primarily to ensure the ongoing service, repair and MOT of emergency and essential service vehicles and the vehicles of key workers.
Whilst, our service centres are for the most part only supporting key workers, Hyundai has introduced measures to support all our customers during this time.
Our Customer Care team are still contactable to answer any customer queries. We have also added an FAQ section to our customer website: https://www.hyundai.co.uk/covid-19/faqs.
Actions have also been taken to extend vehicle warranties and service timings to support customers who will be unable to have service or warranty work completed due to the closure of our dealerships. For those vehicles with warranties due to expire in March, April or May, an extension of up to 3 months will be applied. For any vehicles under warranty and due a service, an automatic extension of 1500 miles will be applied; the time limit being open ended. This will continually be reviewed in line with future government guidance but is dependent upon all terms and conditions of the warranty being met.
With all showrooms currently closed, Hyundai Motor UK has also updated its pioneering digital car-buying service, Click to Buy which goes live today (8 April 2020). At a time when social distancing is the first priority, the Click to Buy site offers customers ultimate flexibility and the greatest ever selection of available stock available, including our multi-award winning electric range including the Kona Electric.
Click to Buy was first launched in late 2016, when Hyundai became the first manufacturer to offer customers throughout the UK the chance to buy a car completely online. Click to Buy customers can research, configure, get a price for a trade-in and indeed buy a new car completely on line – choosing from a number of national offers or bespoke offers from their local dealer.
Our decision to focus on Click to Buy comes at a time when our retailers and our customers need more flexibility than ever. Even with their doors closed, retailers are still able to find introductions to new customers, and our customers are able to find all the information they could possibly need from the safety of their own homes.Ashley AndrewManaging Director, Hyundai Motor UK Ltd
Hyundai Motor UK is also working hard to deliver support to key workers and self-isolating customers, including with the loan of a fleet of vehicles to NHS Buckinghamshire’s volunteer effort and the donation of 10,000 disposable seat covers to local authorities. The Hyundai cars will go to key volunteers working to deliver medicine, information leaflets and patients in the local area of Hyundai Motor UK’s Headquarters in High Wycombe and across Buckinghamshire.
Having worked closely with NHS Buckinghamshire and Buckinghamshire Council to identify crucial volunteers and workers, Hyundai Motor UK will deliver vehicles to each of them to allow them to continue their efforts to reduce the strain on the NHS. The vehicles include IONIQ Hybrid, IONIQ Plug-in Hybrid, Kona Hybrid, Tucson, i30 and i30 Fastback.
Elsewhere, while all Hyundai Motor UK dealerships have closed their doors to new and used vehicle sales, some service centres will remain open. This is to ensure the ongoing service, repair and MOT of emergency and essential service vehicles, alongside the vehicles of key workers.
Dealerships are also going above and beyond to help in the nationwide effort, including the donation of £2,000-worth of fruit and vegetables to Tunbridge Wells Hospital by Tunbridge Wells Hyundai, Spirit Hyundai offered free MOTs to NHS staff in the lead up to the lockdown period, and Read Hyundai has been providing free courtesy cars to essential workers who have encountered a problem with their car. As well as offering labour-free emergency repairs to existing key worker customers and 50% off labour for new key worker customers, Pebley Beach Hyundai also supplied 200 disposable seat covers to the local GP surgery to allow for safe and hygienic transport for its workers. Wessex Garages has also supported the NHS by donating 14,000 gloves and 3,500 disposable seat covers to help keep NHS staff and key workers as safe as possible.
We’ve been watching the amazing actions of the NHS over the past weeks and the incredible nationwide reaction to a call for NHS volunteers, and we’re delighted to be supporting them. With the delivery of Hyundai vehicles to key NHS volunteers and staff in our local area, along with the support that our dealer partners are offering, we’re hopeful we can help ease their burden in some small way. And with the wider retail network still open for key repairs and maintenance we’re glad to be keeping key workers and essential services moving.Ashley AndrewManaging Director, Hyundai Motor UK Ltd