- Hyundai Motor together with its sister company, Kia Motors has become the latest sponsor of the Intelligent Mobility Accelerator, a programme aimed at promoting innovation in the world of transport
- The Intelligent Mobility (IM) Accelerator, including Hyundai Motor, will work with promising UK start-up businesses seeking solutions to key transport issues
- Specifically, Hyundai Motor will be supporting businesses focusing on connected and autonomous transport, data and analysis, and user experience
- Business accepted by the IM Accelerator will receive a six-month support programme, including mentoring and networking with Hyundai experts
- Hyundai Motor, together with Kia Motors has joined the Intelligent Mobility (IM) Accelerator in Milton Keynes, a world-leading programme focusing on developing future mobility solutions.
Hyundai Motor will work with the IM Accelerator founding partners – Transport Systems Catapult and Wayra UK – to nurture and develop start-up businesses with promising solutions to critical transport issues. Specifically, Hyundai will be focusing on businesses working in automation and autonomy, smart infrastructure, user experience, and transport data and analysis.
The IM Acccelerator programme’s goal is to develop these small businesses to deliver mobility solutions for the future, while creating new UK-based industry leaders in a £900bn global transport systems market.
Hyundai Motor’s success has been built on new technologies and innovation. We’re consistently striving to deliver products to the market place that address the needs of our customers as well as the requirement for the future. Our support of these innovative UK startups is essential for identifying key trends and challenges and developing solutions for the benefit of future societies.Tony WhitehornHyundai Motor UK President and CEO
The IM Accelerator is currently accepting applications for its second round of start-up businesses at warya.co.uk/intelligentmobility. Businesses accepted to the programme will receive six months of support, consisting of office space, mentoring and networking. The successful start-ups will also get accesses to Wayra UK and Transport Systems Catapult’s networks of investors, government agencies, customers, large corporates and universities.
We’re extremely excited to have Hyundai Motor Group on board with the IM Accelerator. Having a company with such a strong focus on innovation will ensure that start-ups who enter the programme will have incredible access to the motor sector. We’re looking forward to seeing the Intelligent Mobility solutions this will enable from what will undoubtedly be a new set of successful businesses in the UK transport industry.Alex WeedonTransport Systems Catapult Director of SMEs