- Five-door hatchback undergoes a major update to keep the i20 among the best in its class
- Refreshed design features include a refined front with Cascading Grille, updated rear styling, and nine colour options for even greater personalisation
- i20 powertrain line-up meets new market demands with three different petrol powertrains
- For more comfortable and efficient driving, Hyundai Motor introduces seven-speed DCT and offers Idle Stop and Go as a standard feature
- The New i20 offers top safety equipment, including Hyundai SmartSense active safety and driver assistance features such as Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition, Lane Keeping Assist, Driver Attention Alert and High Beam Assist
- Comprehensive choice of modern, advanced connectivity features, including the new 7-inch Display Audio and updated navigation system both with Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- By giving the i20 a major update that is close to a new generation, Hyundai Motor aims to continue its success in the B-segment.
In order to meet customers’ expectations, the i20 five-door features a refreshed, attractive design and updated safety features including Hyundai SmartSense. Hyundai is also introducing a 7-speed dual clutch transmission (7DCT) for enhanced driving comfort and an Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system as standard for all powertrains to reduce CO2 emissions.
The i20 is a solid performer in the UK market, with more than 125,000 sold in the UK since the first generation was launched in 2009. In the small car segment, i20 consistently meets and exceeds customer demands for advanced technology, efficiency and safety. The 2019 i20 ensures that the model remains a compelling proposition in the competitive B-segment, with fresh updates to the youthful design, connectivity features and powertrain choices.Tony WhitehornPresident and CEO, Hyundai Motor UK
Since the launch of the second generation in 2014, the i20 has continuously increased sales volume year by year. To meet the requirements of European customers, the Hyundai i20 is designed, engineered and made in Europe. It represents the essence of the Hyundai brand: quality, reliability and functionality combined with a modern design, offering customers accessible cars for everyday use.
Youthful character and attractive looks for Hyundai’s second-best-selling car
The New i20 combines attractive looks and youthful exterior design with a spacious and comfortable interior. The refreshed front features a wide and expressive Cascading Grille – the family identity uniting all Hyundai models. Customers can personalise their car with a choice of nine colours, including the new-to-range hues of Tomato Red, Clean Slate and Champion Blue. In addition, newly-designed 15- and 16-inch alloy wheels complete the New i20’s sleek and modern exterior appearance.
In the interior Hyundai offers outstanding roominess for passengers and an uncompromised boot capacity of 326 litres (VDA method). Not offering coloured interior packs at this time.
Upgraded powertrains for higher efficiency
The New i20 features three efficient petrol engines. They all comply with the new Euro 6d Temp regulations and are equipped with Idle Stop and Go (ISG) as standard to reduce CO2 emissions and improve fuel consumption.
The 1.0-litre T-GDI engine is available with 88.3 kW/120 PS or with an output of 73.6 kW/100 PS. With this engine, Hyundai introduces its in-house developed seven-speed dual-clutch transmission (7DCT) to the B-segment.
Hyundai’s 1.2-litre MPi engine is available with 55.2 kW/75 PS or an output of 61.8 kW/84 PS.
Hyundai introduces SmartSense to the i20
The new Hyundai SmartSense active safety package is enhanced with new features, including Hyundai’s Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) and the Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition (AEB) for city and inter-urban traffic to avoid accidents. Hyundai’s Driver Attention Alert (DAA), a further SmartSense safety application, monitors driving patterns in order to detect unsafe or fatigued driving. To complete the SmartSense package, Hyundai included the High Beam Assist (HBA) automatically switches from high-beam to low-beam in case of oncoming traffic.
Broad range of connectivity options
The New i20 offers a comprehensive choice of connectivity features catering for different customer requirements by offering two different audio systems. The The entry version includes 7-inch colour Display Audio which offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing customers to display smartphone content including navigation app on the car’s screen. For enhanced infotainment requirements, the optional new 7-inch colour navigation system integrates media and connectivity features and supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
To further demonstrate the quality and reliability of the i20, the model comes with Hyundai’s unique five-year, fully-transferable, unlimited mileage warranty.