- i20 designed, developed and manufactured in Europe for European consumers
- i20 100% produced at Turkish factory
- 94% of Hyundai cars sold in Europe are now built in the region
- European production capacity of 500,000 (Turkey: 200,000, Czech: 300,000)
- The i20 strengthens the company’s Europe-focused model line-up having been designed and engineered specifically for the region’s consumers.
The i20 strengthens the company's Europe-focused model line-up having been designed and engineered specifically for the region's consumers. It also confirms its commitment to the region as, for the first time, i20 will be 100% built at the company's Turkish factory.
Hyundai Motor has moved production of right-hand drive models and models bound for Eastern Europe from the company's Chennai plant in India to Izmit, Turkey.
Combined with its Czech plant, which has a manufacturing capacity of 300,000 units per annum, Hyundai has the ability to build 500,000 new cars each year. As a result of these investments, 94% of all Hyundai cars sold in Europe are built in the region, including all of its A-, B- and C-segment vehicles.
The move to bring 100% of i20 production to Europe has a number of benefits for European consumers. Not only does it allow Hyundai to concentrate on developing specifications and trim levels that offer true value to the region's consumers, it also reduces factory complexity and restrictions, creating cost savings that can be passed on to consumers. Closer production also means reduced delivery times.