- The All-New i30 Fastback N combines sophisticated and elegant design with the proven N fun-to-drive factor
- It is the first hot five-door coupe in the C segment built to deliver exhilaration and elegance
- To continue a powerful new era for Hyundai Motor after the extremely successful market launch of the i30 N five-door, the All-New i30 Fastback N is the second model in the company’s European range
- N was born in Namyang and honed at the Nürburgring. The ‘N’ symbolises a chicane, the essence of Hyundai Motor’s high-performance car development
- High power: the four-cylinder 2.0-litre T-GDI turbo engine delivers up to 275 PS and 378 Nm of torque (with overboost function) with high responsiveness and linear power output
- High-performance features: N Corner Carving Differential, Electronic Controlled Suspension, Rev Matching, Launch Control, high-performance tyres, lap timer, emotional sound and more
- High level of customisation with the N Grin Control System
- True performance design with sophistication: aggressive front and rear with larger air intakes and red character line, glossy black aerodynamic rear boot lid lip, low triangular fog lamp, dual muffler exhaust, 18- and 19-inch wheels, sport seats, Shadow Grey exclusive exterior colour
- With a seven per cent lower drag coefficient than the i30 N five-door, the i30 Fastback N cuts even more through the air for lower wind noise, enhanced efficiencies
- Hyundai Motor is extending its high-performance N range with the All-New Hyundai i30 Fastback N, offering the second high-performance model for the European market and the third N model worldwide.
The i30 Fastback N is the first five-door hot coupe in the C segment and unique in its class. By extending its emotional high-performance product portfolio, the company again demonstrates its ability to think beyond the conventional. The i30 Fastback N combines the sophisticated and elegant design of the i30 Fastback with the exhilarating fun-to-drive factor of the i30 N five-door. The new model follows the major success of the i30 N five-door, which came to market in late 2017. Since then, the i30 N has exceeded initial sales expectations: Over 9,000 i30 N five-door units were ordered by the end of 2018 in Europe.
The Hyundai i30 N was developed for no other purpose than to deliver maximum driving fun to our customers in an accessible high-performance package. The Fastback N is the formula’s natural progression of sophistication for a slightly different audience. It also comes soon after both our latest successes in the World Rally Championship and the driver and team titles in the inaugural season of the World Touring Car Cup. Much of what we’ve learned so far at the track is reflected in the Fastback N.Albert BiermannHead of Research & Development Divison of the Hyundai Motor Group
Building on the triumph of the i30 N five-door, our All-New i30 Fastback N opens the next chapter in this success story. The first five-door hot coupe in the compact car segment that is ready for the racetrack is seriously shaking up the market. We now look back on 18 months of really positive N experience – with our second model in the European N range we allow even more customers to feel the unique N feeling.Andreas-Christoph HofmannVice President Marketing and Product at Hyundai Motor Europe
A beautiful Corner Rascal
In the development of i30 Fastback N, durability and racetrack performance were key elements. Thus, when taking the i30 Fastback N to the race track, the driver can be sure that the car’s performance will endure. Its brakes have been developed to last with an extra cooling function through the air intakes on the front bumper. Launch Control, with maximum full-throttle revs able to be set between 3600 and 4900, helps launch the car as easily as possible by controlling the engine torque. The Fastback N body’s high rigidity is increased by the optional rear stiffness bar behind the rear seats, as well as by additional weld points in the body structure.
The N logo symbolises a chicane, the ultimate part of the track where the i30 Fastback N achieves maximum traction, precision and feeling. Hyundai’s elegant and hot five-door coupe loves corners. The powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers up to 275 PS and 378 Nm of torque (with overboost function). The car’s strong cornering ability is achieved by the N Corner Carving Differential. It increases the maximum cornering speed and fun-to-drive through corners from turn-in to early corner acceleration. The Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS) further adjusts the performance according to requirements during cornering, accelerating and braking. In combination with the rigid body the cornering speed is enhanced when driving on the track. To guarantee maximum grip of the i30 Fastback N, the car is fitted with 18-inch Michelin or optional 19-inch Pirelli high-performance N tyres. (19-inch tyres standard with Performance Package.)
A unique five-door hot coupe
The All-New i30 Fastback N is an out of the ordinary daily sport coupe suitable for commuting in elegance on weekdays or for race track performance on the weekend. Central to the N experience is the N Grin Control Sytem with its five drive modes, including Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N Custom settings, which can be selected by using two dedicated buttons on the steering wheel. The different modes change the character of the car, adjusting the high-performance parameters of the engine, the dampers, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), N Corner Carving Differential, sound, steering and Rev Matching. Additionally, the driver can select the Rev Matching button on the steering wheel to increase the revs on the engine when shifting from a higher to a lower gear.