- The i30 N marks a new era for Hyundai Motor – introducing the first high-performance model under the N line up, built to deliver exhilarating driving pleasure for everyone
- N was born in Namyang and honed at the Nürburgring. The ‘N’ symbolises a chicane, the essence of Hyundai Motor’s high-performance car development
- High power: the four-cylinder 2.0-litre T-GDI turbo engine delivers up to 275 PS and 353 Nm torque (378 Nm with Overboost function) with high responsiveness and linear power output
- High-performance features: N Corner Carving Differential, Electronic Controlled Suspension, Rev Matching, Launch Control, high-performance tyres, lap timer, and more
- High level of customisation with the N Grin Control System: five different drive modes, including the N and N Custom modes, offer variety of different configurations from comfort-oriented daily commuting to race track performance
- Emotional sound thanks to a variable exhaust valve system
- True performance design: aggressive front and rear bumpers with larger air intakes and red character line, aerodynamic rear spoiler with triangular brake light, dual muffler exhaust, 18- and 19-inch wheels, sport seats, Performance Blue exterior colour inspired by Hyundai Motorsport
The Hyundai i30 N has been developed for no other purpose than to deliver maximum driving fun to our customers in an accessible high-performance package. With the high-performance N models we will enhance our brand’s appeal with emotional products that cater to the needs of people who love to have a smile on their face when they drive their car on a winding road and listen to the sound of the engine. That’s why we measure high-performance in BPM, heart beats per minute instead of only RPM.
Focused on Fun to Drive
Based on three corner stones under the theme ‘Fun to Drive’, the i30 N is a Corner Rascal, Everyday Sports Car and has proven its Race Track Capability.
The i30 N has been developed to make the driver’s heart beat faster when he or she gets behind the wheel. Instead of focusing on pure numbers, Hyundai Motor has chosen to emphasise driving pleasure and the emotional impact on the driver’s heartbeats per minute (BPM), rather than simply measuring revs per minute (RPM). When the driver hits the throttle and shifts through the gears, the Rev matching function supports smooth gear shifting, while the overboost function increases torque (+7%) and acceleration (+6-7%). The feeling is enhanced by the car’s emotional sound from the dual muffler exhaust featuring the variable exhaust valve system. The cockpit of the i30 N shows key performance parameters through the unique instrument cluster and the 8-inch free-floating screen’s modes such as the G-Force meter for live tracking of the performance.
The i30 N loves corners. The N logo symbolises a chicane, the ultimate part of the track where the i30 N achieves maximum traction, precision and feeling. The powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine delivers up to 275 PS and 353 Nm torque (378 Nm with Overboost function). It offers direct response with a linear power development through the early responding turbo charger. It features front-wheel drive and a six-speed manual transmission.
The i30 N is aerodynamically designed to reduce lift to keep the body firmly on to the road when maximum traction is required. The N Corner Carving Differential enhances grip and delivers maximum power to the road. For the real enthusiasts the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) can be switched off completely for maximum freedom. In order to give the driver and passenger the maximum comfort, the exclusively developed N sport seats offer maximum stability and lateral support in all driving situations.
Everyday Sports Car
The i30 N is an everyday sports car, suitable for daily commuting in comfort on weekdays or for race track performance on the weekend. By offering a great variety of customisation options, the i30 N is a well-balanced hatchback, offering performance and practicality to create the best feeling for the driver. There are five drive modes, including Eco, Normal, Sport, N and N Custom settings, which can be selected by using two dedicated buttons on the steering wheel. The different modes change the character of the car, adjusting the high-performance parameters of the engine, the dampers, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), N Corner Carving Differential, sound, steering and Rev matching. Additionally, the driver can select the Rev matching button on the steering wheel to increase the revs on the engine when shifting from a higher to a lower gear.
Race Track Capability
In the development of the vehicle, durability and racetrack performance were key elements. The i30 N has undergone 10,000 km of driving on the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring circuit for durability testing. The car has also taken part twice in the world’s toughest endurance test, the ADAC 24-hours race on the Nürburgring. The engine and its components have been tested for total vehicle evaluation in 2016 and for ensuring its overall race track capability in 2017. Thus, when taking the i30 N to a track day, the driver can be sure that the car’s performance will endure. Its brakes have been developed to last with an extra cooling function through the air intakes on the front bumper. The Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS) allows the driver to adjust the i30 N to best suit a race track’s requirements. Launch Control helps to launch the car as easy as possible by controlling engine torque. The body’s high rigidity is increased by the rear stiffness bar behind the rear seats. The car features a strong clutch that is built to last, while the precise six-speed manual transmission has short travel to enhance fast shifting.