- Hyundai Motor recently unveiled the New i10, featuring young and modern design refinements for a more emotionally appealing look, including the new Cascading front grille.
The New i10 also boasts advanced active safety and connectivity features and is made in Europe, for Europe. Since its introduction back in 2008 the i10 has been a major success story for Hyundai Motor, with over 670,000 units sold in Europe. The New i10 recently debuted at the 2016 Paris Motor Show, and received warm praise from motor journalists present.
To celebrate the launch of the latest model, here are 10 awesome facts about the New i10.
1. The original i10 was already a global success, also thanks to its huge success in India, where it was launched on 31 October in New Delhi.
2. When the second-generation i10 was introduced in late-2013 the model became a true European: designed and developed at the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre in Rüsselsheim, Germany and sold more than 220,000 units in only three years
3. With a more dynamic drivability than its predecessor, the second-generation i10 also offered a very low noise level and a widely appreciated interior design. This was manufactured in Europe at Hyundai Assan Otomotiv Sanayi in Ízmit, Turkey
4. One year after the launch of the second-generation, the i10 had picked up 10 awards, including the 2014 Golden Steering Wheel in the hatchback category, as well as What Car? Best City Car 2014 and 2015
5. The new i10 comes with many design refinements, including the new Cascading front grille, characterised by its curved natural flowing line The Grille will become the new future identity for Hyundai models, and also features on the New Generation i30
6. The new i10’s frontal features include a new bumper design and new round LED daytime running lights. Rear features include an evolved bumper design, as well as fog lamps mirroring the new front design
7. Looking to sync your smartphone to your car console? The new i10 comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The new i10 makes advanced technology available to more people than ever before, and includes the latest connectivity features – all integrated into the new seven-inch touchscreen navigation system. Drivers also receive a seven-year free subscription to LIVE Services
8. The i10 not only introduced comfort to city car drivers. The New i10 makes a statement on safety with active features including a Front Collision Warning System and a Lane Departure Warning System, both based on the new multi-functional camera
9. City cars should be compact, but they are not only for smaller people. With 252 litres of boot space, as well as large interior and head space, you’ll be hard-pushed to find a city car with more room for storage
10. The i10 started what Hyundai is now known for, with its carefree five-year unlimited mileage warranty that also includes five years of breakdown recovery
1.0 MPI (66 PS): Fuel consumption combined: 5.8 - 4.0 l/100 km; urban: 7.3 – 4.9 l/100 km; extra-urban: 4.8 – 3.5 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 134 - 93 g/km
1.25 MPI (87 PS): Fuel consumption combined: 5.9 – 4.9 l/100 km; urban: 7.4 – 6.5 l/100 km; extra-urban: 5.0 – 4.1 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 139 - 114 g/km
1.0 LPG (67 PS): Fuel consumption combined: 6.5 – 5.1 l/100 km; urban: 8.3 – 6.5 l/100 km; extra-urban: 5.4 – 4.2 l/100 km; CO2 emissions combined: 116 - 104 g/km
*Depending on trim and tire specifications.