- Juho Suh appointed as new Head of Hyundai Design Innovation Group
- Suh to lead advanced design and oversee design solutions for future mobility
- The appointment to boost Hyundai’s agility in adapting to future industry trends
- Hyundai Motor Company appoints Juho Suh as Vice President and Head of Hyundai Design Innovation Group to further strengthen itself in the design domain.
A renowned automotive designer with nearly two decades of experience, Suh will lead advanced design and oversee design solutions for future mobility technologies.
Hyundai Design Innovation Group is an organization dedicated to enabling the company to better adapt to the latest design trends with agility and flexibility. In addition to overseeing advanced design for production vehicles, it also acts as a window of open innovation for potential collaborations with non-design organizations to provide future mobility solutions and improved experience for customers.
The appointment of Suh is expected to further boost Hyundai’s ability to stay ahead of rapid changes in design trends and to maintain its competitive edge in future technology. In particular, Suh’s experience in designs for high-performance EVs is anticipated to take the company’s EV lineup design to the next level.
I’ve gained experience and intuition in automotive design from a mass-brand in the US, a premium brand in Europe, and an electric vehicle brand in China. With all I have gained from various parts of the regions and brands, I will contribute to Hyundai in realizing its innovative future designs.Juho SuhHead of Hyundai Design Innovation Group
Suh will report directly to Sang Yup Lee, Senior Vice President and Head of Hyundai Design Center, when he starts his post later this month.
I am confident that Suh will greatly enhance our ability to spread our design philosophy to the next generation of vehicles. His vast experience will advance Hyundai’s long design tradition to meet the rapidly-changing needs of our customers in this dynamic new era.Sang Yup LeeSenior Vice President and Head of Hyundai Design Center
Suh most recently worked as the Head of Shanghai Design Studio at the Chinese electric car company, NIO. Prior to that, he spent over three years at BMW as the Advanced Design Project Leader, successfully overseeing design of initial concepts for the X5, X6, 3 Series, and 8 Series. During his stint with GM, he led a high performance super car project, Ecojet, specifically produced and designed for Jay Leno, talk show host of NBC’s The Tonight Show in the US. The Korea-born designer studied Industrial Design at Pratt Institute in New York, where he obtained his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- 2018 - 2019: Head of Shanghai Design Studio, NIO
- 2015 - 2018: Senior Exterior Design Director, NIO
- 2012 - 2015: Advanced Design Project Leader, BMW
- 2011 - 2012: Exterior Chief Designer, Opel
- 1999 - 2011: Exterior Design Manager, GM