- Hyundai Motorsport has confirmed the price of the i30 N TCR at €128.000, with early customers able to take advantage of a special price
- Customers will be able to rely on responsive support, offering quick, efficient spare parts delivery as well as engineering assistance on tests and race events
- Interested teams and drivers are invited to contact Hyundai Motorsport to arrange a visit to the team’s headquarters in Alzenau, Germany to learn more about the i30 N TCR.
- Following successful outings in both the TCR International Series and the TCR Europe Trophy, Hyundai Motorsport have opened their order books to i30 N TCR customers.
The brand new car is competitively placed within the TCR market, available to customers at a base price of €128.000, including a €15.000 deposit required to confirm an order. Teams placing early orders will be able to take advantage of a special price, bringing the cost of the car down to €124.000.
Further competitive options will be offered to customers purchasing multiple cars, including spare parts packages of up to €28.000 for teams confirming orders of four chassis for the 2018 campaign. Those teams who secure the first chassis will take delivery of their i30 N TCR in early December.
While the base car will provide teams with a high specification, ready-to-race machine those planning to take on the long-distance championships where TCR designs are eligible can purchase the Hyundai Motorsport developed ‘Endurance Kit’. In addition to the performance-focused parts fitted to the i30 N TCR as standard this option includes ABS, night lamps and an external refueling fitting.
i30 N TCR customers will also be able to call on the support of the dedicated team of Customer Racing engineers based at Hyundai Motorsport’s headquarters in Alzenau, Germany, 30 minutes from Frankfurt. Teams will be able to call on the experience of those who have worked on the i30 N TCR throughout its development, will be available to assist teams at tests and race events to help them maintain the best performance from their car.
Teams will also be able to rely on responsive customer support and spare parts delivery. Prices for individual components will be confirmed in the coming months, ahead of the first chassis deliveries.
Performance proven on two continents
The Customer Racing department has already received significant interest from around the world following the winning start made by the i30 N TCR to it TCR International Series career in China. Drivers Gabriele Tarquini and Alain Menu proved the pace and reliability of the new car by charging through the pack on the demanding, technical circuit.
Tarquini scored a sensational debut win in the first race of the weekend. For the second race both i30 N TCR were given 40kg of ballast, and had the engine power restricted to 95%. However, despite this, Menu and Tarquini were still able to climb to fourth and sixth positions respectively, having started 13th and 14th on the grid.
The Italian reprised his headline stealing performance at the TCR Europe Trophy event at Adria International Raceway. Despite running with the same extreme Balance of Performance as he finished the Chinese event Tarquini was able to secure pole position at the head of a field that brought together some of the top teams and drivers from TCR competition across Europe. The i30 N TCR would go on to record a superb victory in the final race of the weekend, Tarquini able to carve through the pack from 10th position on the reverse grid.
At both the Chinese round of the TCR International Series and in Adria the performance of the i30 N TCR proved that we have built a strong package for the regulations. With the confirmation of the pricing we have placed the car competitively in the market, especially with the discount we can offer on early orders. Our customers will receive a high-specification package as standard, with crucial parts designed specifically with high-performance and reliability as the main targets. At the wheel of an i30 N TCR we are confident that our customers will be able to fight at the front of any TCR championship.Andrea AdamoHyundai Motorsport Customer Racing manager
We have received a high level of interest in the i30 N TCR ever since the announcement of the project in February. With the confirmation of the price and the opening of the order books we can welcome customers planning their 2018 season with a brand new car. Not only will customers receive a competitive package for the regulations, they will also be able to rely on efficient customer support, delivering parts as required and offering engineering support to teams at their tests and race events. We invite those teams interested in learning more about the project to contact us and arrange a visit to Hyundai Motorsport in Alzenau.Andrew JohnsHyundai Motorsport Customer Racing Senior Sales Associate
Teams and drivers interested in learning more about the i30 N TCR project are invited to arrange a visit to Hyundai Motorsport’s headquarters in Alzenau, Germany.
Hyundai i30 N TCR Technical Specifications
- Transverse mounted, 2-litre turbocharged engine with direct injection, intercooled
- Life Racing ECU and data acquisition system
- BMC air induction kit
- Pneumatic paddle shift operated, 6-speed sequential gearbox with external preload adjustment
- Multi-disc motorsport clutch
- Motorsport-specification driveshafts
- Front bespoke Brembo 6-piston monobloc calipers with Ø380mm ventilated brake discs
- Rear 2-piston monobloc calipers with Ø278mm ventilated brake discs
- Pagid brake pads
- Adjustable pedal box with spherical bearing-mounted Brembo master cylinders
- Goodridge braided hoses and fittings
- Hydraulic steering rack
- Front McPherson struts with adjustable dampers
- Rear 4-arm multi-link with adjustable dampers
- Braid i30 N TCR specific 10”x18” rims
- Hyundai Motorsport-designed lightweight, high-tensile steel roll cage
- Strengthened production body shell, painted white interior and exterior
- Body panels from steel and GFC
- Sabelt race seats and 6-point HANS compatible harnesses
- Sabelt 330mm flat steering wheel
- Lifeline fire extinguisher system • 100-litre fuel tank with endurance refueling capability • Odyssey PC680 lightweight race battery
- Length: 4,450mm
- Width: 1,950mm
- Wheel base: 2,650mm
- Track Width: 1,700mm
- Minimum weight: 1,285kg (including driver, complying with TCR regulations)
Specifications subject to change.