- Hyundai Motor achieves global sales of 516,359 units in December
- Hyundai Motor’s cumulative global sales for 2015 totalled 4,964,837 units
- The company announces 5,010,000 units for 2016 sales target
- Hyundai Motor, South Korea's largest automaker, reports its global sales results for December and the full year of 2015.
- December 2015 global sales totals 516,359 units – an increase of 8.5% YoY.
- Overseas sales rose by 6.8% YoY with 434,299 units sold while full year sales reached 4,964,837 units, remaining flat over last year.
- HMC announces 5,010,000 units for 2016 global sales target (Domestic : 693,000 units / Overseas : 4,317,000 units).
Breakdown of Overseas Shipment
- Sonata and Genesis sedans saw sales increase on December in the U.S.
- China plant shipment has recovered in December due to stable sales of main models (Verna, Langdong, and Mistra).
- Czech plant showed strong shipment figure as the Tucson model in the European market consistently gains popularity.
- Year-over-year shipments of Brazil plant increased by 34.8% despite challenging market situations, as HB models resume their surging sales.
*Regional and factory data available in the download (top of this page).