Following the premiere of the New Generation i30, the RN30 and the New i10, the world’s press have delivered their verdict. Here’s what they have said.
New Generation i30
1. In Germany, Auto Zeitung noted how Hyundai’s engineers had remodelled the i30 with a strong focus on the European market: “To make the third generation i30 even more successful, those responsible have closely followed the needs and wishes of European customers.”
2. While Stern.de reserved praise for the new Cascading Grille: “The Hyundai-typical “Cascading Grille” with chrome trim and flashing headlights gives the Korean a sporty, aggressive look.”
3. The UK publication Autocar was impressed with the i30’s roomy internal space: “Interior space is claimed to be class-leading, with the feeling of roominess being further enhanced by an optional panoramic sunroof which can tilt or slide open.”
4. In Germany, the reaction to Hyundai’s RN30 Concept has been very positive. Focus.de believes it excite consumers: “Hyundai will shine not only by quality and guarantees, but finally arouse emotions.”
5. Autocar was impressed by Hyundai’s new-found sporty side: “The result is an aggressive, aerodynamic design that promises a sporty drive at a level we’ve not yet seen from Hyundai.
6. The Spanish media noted the RN30’s futuristic features, with Elmundo saying: “Besides the engine, this car incorporates the most modern mechanical systems to achieve efficiency while “flying” on the track.”
7. Italian journalists were impressed with the RN30’s performance. Quattroruote said: “The RN30 Concept was totally revolutionised on an aerodynamic level, introducing technical solutions aimed at producing a maximum level of performance.”
8. French website L’argus.fr believes the i10’s new design is youthful: “The interior of the Hyundai i10 remains seriously manufactured. The new interface gives it a younger look.”
9. The UK’s Auto Express noted the i10’s upgraded technical specifications: “The Hyundai i10 has been updated with a new look, new safety tech and even more equipment.”
10. Finally, Quattroruote believes the infotainment offerings of the i10 are on a par with those of the i30 and IONIQ: “The navigation and infotainment systems have been updated to provide functionality comparable to those offered in the i30 and IONIQ, decidedly upper class models.”