“You drive it. You define it” is the slogan for the KONA, and among those attending the launch were the members of the KONA Gang, the fashion bloggers, musicians, and designers for whom the KONA is a perfect fit for their different creative lifestyles as the drivers of their own lives.
The All-New KONA is a true SUV with a sleek, sharp design, and a choice of ten distinctive exterior colours. The bold front boasts Hyundai Motor’s new family identity, the Cascading Grille. The car, named after the Kona district in Hawaii, offers four-wheel drive, 7DCT and Hyundai’s latest powertrains. It has a wide range of active safety features while the interior houses the very latest connectivity features.
The Hyundai KONA is the latest milestone on Hyundai Motor’s journey to becoming the number one Asian automotive brand in Europe by 2021.
1. BBC’s Top Gear stated that the Hyundai KONA’s big draw will be its styling which is “unashamedly bold”. It also focuses on the KONA’s “tons of customisation available inside and out, a head-up display, wireless phone charging and all sorts of active safety tech.”
2. “Almost 450 people, including nearly 400 journalists (and bloggers) from all over the world, were here on Tuesday in Milan…Proof of the importance of this model,” wrote France’s Caradisiac which noted original features in the design and praised the quality of the interior materials
3. AutoNews called the Hyundai KONA “dashing” and a “stirring little brother for the Hyundai Tucson". It noted the car design’s bold lines and elegantly set taillights, and said the interior was pleasantly spacious.
4. In Italy itself, where the KONA was launched, la Repubblica wrote that the KONA will be available at launch with two petrol turbo engines, and two and four wheel drive, while a diesel and electric versions will come in the future.
6. Motorionline were also impressed with the KONA which “thinks young” offering space and "high technological content such as the HUD. The engines promise brilliant performance and low fuel consumption.”
7. Austria’s meinbezirk.at noted that “Style and design bring the new KONA into the fashion city of Milan” and that style and individuality were big themes for Hyundai at the car's premiere.
8. Spain's Auto Bild praised the KONA's sharp appearance and remarked that the debut in Milan was met with "unprecedented excitement". It also focused on the KONA's infotainment system and the fact that the car will be "the first model of the brand that can equip a Head-Up Display system, a device that projects relevant information on the windshield".