- President and CEO of Hyundai Motor Europe Michael Cole will present Hyundai’s transformation from an automotive manufacturer to a smart mobility company at the Global Press Conference of IFA 2020
- As part of the SHIFT Mobility Convention, Hyundai will host a panel discussion on hydrogen fuel cell mobility on Thursday, 03.09.20 11:30 a.m.
- Moderated by technology journalist Nicole Scott, an influential group of expert panellists will discuss various topics surrounding fuel cell mobility
- In addition, Edvin Eriksen, Head of CRADLE Berlin, will be a guest panellist in Session 5 of IFA: “Co-Innovation and Integration - New Synergies and Global Perspectives on the Mobility Market”
This year's event will take place as a hybrid digital-live format. It will include a keynote speech by President and CEO of Hyundai Motor Europe Michael Cole on Hyundai's transition from a car manufacturer to a smart mobility company, and a deep-dive panel discussion on hydrogen fuel cell mobility.
During the Global Press Conference, President Cole will outline Hyundai’s eco-mobility strategy and share insights about the new IONIQ brand. Hyundai’s time slot at the Global Press Conference is 10:45 a.m. on 4 September at the Conference Center Berlin.
The Global Press Conference will take place as a hybrid digital-live event, with a limited number of participants viewing on-site and others watching via the IFA digital extension, known as IFA Xtended Space. The speech will also be livestreamed via the IFA YouTube channel.
In addition to the Global Press Conference speech, Hyundai will also be hosting a digital side stage with a virtual panel discussion on hydrogen mobility, entitled “Fuelling the future – paving the way to a Hydrogen Society.” The panel will open with President and Head of R&D Division at Hyundai Motor Group Albert Biermann sharing Hyundai’s vision of a successful coexistence between different eco-mobility solutions before going into a deep-dive on fuel cell technology. During the panel, Hyundai will host an open discussion about clean energy sources that will empower future zero emission mobility, including fuel cell technology and the steps towards a hydrogen society. Expert partners from various fields will discuss using existing and future technologies to create a hydrogen ecosystem.
With this event, Hyundai sets out to show that it is at the forefront of developing innovative fuel cell solutions in various sectors, including affordable, mass-produced fuel cell vehicles for private and commercial mobility needs.
The virtual panel discussion will be a digital-only event and can be livestreamed in the IFA Xtended Space.
Hyundai’s activities at the Global Press Conference as well as the panel discussion will be moderated by Nicole Scott, journalist and co-founder of tech website Mobile Geeks.
Participants in the panel discussion will include:
- Albert Biermann, President and Head of R&D Division, Hyundai Motor Group
- Dr.-ing. Sae Hoon Kim, Senior Vice President & Head of Fuel Cell Center at Hyundai Motor Group
- Bertrand Piccard, Swiss psychiatrist and balloonist and Hyundai Brand Ambassador
- Mark Freymüller, CEO at Hyundai Hydrogen Mobility AG
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis, Secretary General of Hydrogen Europe and former member of the European Parliament
- Stefan Linder, Head of Innovation & Technology, Alpiq
- Dr. Marcus Guzmann, Chief Sales Officer at Hydrogenious LOHC Technologies
Finally, Edvin Eriksen, head of Hyundai’s start-up incubator CRADLE Berlin, will participate in Session 5: “Co-Innovation and Integration – New Synergies and Global Perspectives on the Mobility Market.” He will appear on the panel “Co-Innovation and Integration – LINKING EXPERTISE, USING SYNERGIES”.
This session will take place as a live discussion with a livestreamed digital extension.
What: Hyundai Keynote at IFA Global Press Conference
When: 4. September 2020 at 10:45 a.m.
Where: Hall 3.2, Stage 1, Conference Center Berlin / IFA Xtended Space / YouTube
What: Hyundai Fuel Cell Panel Discussion and Hydrogen Deep Dive
When: 3. September 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
Where: Virtual Side Stage, IFA Xtended Space
What: IFA Session 5: “Co-Innovation and Integration – New Synergies and Global Perspectives on the Mobility Market”
When: 4. September 2020 at 4 p.m.
Where: IFA mainstage / IFA Xtended Space
How to watch: Due to the situation this year, the IFA live event at the Conference Center Berlin is not available to the general public. However, participation via the digital extension is free. To register to participate digitally as a journalist or as a member of the general public, click here. Participants will then receive their virtual ticket via email, which will allow them to enter the IFA Xtended Space, where they can interact with virtual exhibits and watch the livestreams.