- Hyundai Motor releases new “Next Awaits” football film, involving all five of its domestic club partners in Europe: AS Roma, Atlético de Madrid, Chelsea FC, Hertha Berlin and Olympique Lyonnais
- With European football set to return in the coming weeks, “Next Awaits” shows players and fans preparing to return stronger
- Video brings together male and female football stars from across Hyundai’s portfolio of domestic European partners
The film celebrates the fact that after a pandemic-induced hiatus, most European football teams and their fans hope to soon resume playing.
“Next Awaits”, which can also be viewed here, features a number of star players from each of Hyundai’s partner clubs: AS Roma, Atlético de Madrid, Chelsea FC, Hertha Berlin and Olympique Lyonnais. The film begins with a voiceover, which states “we are missing something”. Players are then shown undertaking a series of training sessions in preparation for their return to the football pitch. They are driven by a desire to become better, to be ready for the next matches ahead.
The video highlights the fact that, even though the world is facing an unprecedented crisis, Hyundai, football players and fans remain united and driven by a will to progress. Despite the difficulties presented by coronavirus, football provides a platform for hope and positivity. As lockdown measures recede around the world and society slowly returns to pre-pandemic conditions, professional and amateur players will have the opportunity to progress by coming back better and stronger, ensuring fans can once again enjoy the sport when the season resumes.
In total, 27 footballers from across Hyundai’s portfolio of domestic partner clubs feature in the film. These range from Olympique Lyonnais’ Dutch international Memphis Depay and Atlético de Madrid’s FIFA World Cup winner Thomas Lemar, to stars from the women’s game such as AS Roma Women’s England international Toni Duggan.
This weekend, Hertha Berlin will be in action in Germany’s Bundesliga. Fans in other countries hope they will soon be able to enjoy watching their teams in action, too. “Next Awaits” shows that, although watching and playing football is not currently possible for most people, Hyundai will be there to support these clubs and their fans upon its return.
We’re excited to launch 'Next Awaits', our latest film showcasing Hyundai’s pan-European football club partnerships with some of the biggest teams in Europe. Given the current difficulties the world faces, football can provide a ray of hope for players and fans alike. Hyundai will continue to support our partner clubs and their fans – and we hope they will return to action soon.
“Next Awaits”: celebrating Hyundai’s progressive spirit
The film’s title, “Next Awaits”, reflects Hyundai’s innovative spirit, as the company is always looking to the future and thinking about how to improve peoples’ lives. Hyundai’s corporate philosophy is all about doing the right thing, not just for the company but also for humanity. From driving forward eco-mobility to investing in innovation and donating to charity, Hyundai has undertaken a series of projects and campaigns dedicated to promoting human progress, all united under the motto “Next Awaits”.
Hyundai’s pan-European football partnerships
Hyundai has been a FIFA Top Partner since 1999, was engaged with UEFA for 18 years to 2017, and remains heavily involved with national teams as well as individual clubs in many countries, including Olympique Lyonnais in France and, from last season, Chelsea FC in the UK, Club Atlético de Madrid in Spain, Hertha Berlin in Germany and AS Roma in Italy.
Hyundai also boasts a portfolio of women’s football club engagements, and has sponsorship arrangements with Olympique Lyonnais Féminin, Chelsea FC Women, Club Atlético de Madrid Femenino and AS Roma Women.
About “Next Awaits”
- The agency responsible for the ‘Next Awaits’ film is Lagardère PLUS, a full-service marketing communication company. Meanwhile, Laterna Magica Filmproduktion GmbH oversaw the production of the film.
- The scenes in “Next Awaits” that take place in Roma and Madrid were filmed in February and at the beginning of March, before social distancing and lockdown measures were introduced by governments across Europe. Other scenes from the film are comprised of footage from football matches played before March.
- In total, 27 players feature in the “Next Awaits” film, with Olympique Lyonnais’ Dutch international Memphis Depay joined by a host of stars including Argentinian playmaker, Javier Pastore (AS Roma); FIFA World Cup winner, Thomas Lemar (Atlético de Madrid); England international, Mason Mount (Chelsea); and Czech Republic captain, Vladimir Darida (Hertha Berlin).
- The other male stars that feature in the film are Chris Smalling, Justin Kluivert, Jordan Veretout, Gianluca Mancini and Nicolo Zaniolo (AS Roma); Jan Oblak, Alvaro Morata and Kieran Trippier (Atlético de Madrid); Tammy Abraham (Chelsea); Moussa Dembele and Houssem Aouar (Olympique Lyonnais); as well as Vedad Ibisevic and Lukas Klünter (Hertha Berlin).
- Several players from the women’s game also feature in the video, including Andrine Hegerberg, Allyson Swaby, Lindsey Thomas, Manuela Giugliano and Amalie Thestrup (AS Roma Women); Toni Duggan (Atlético de Madrid Femenino); as well as Saki Kumagai, Ada Hegerberg and Amandine Henry (Olympique Lyonnais Féminin).