- Hyundai Motor will highlight its global leadership in fuel cell mobility at the 2021 Hydrogen Transition Summit on 25 February
- Two speakers to represent company at Climate Action event: Dr. –ing. Saehoon Kim, Executive Vice President and Head of Fuel Cell Centre at Hyundai Motor Group, and Mark Freymüller, CEO of Hyundai Hydrogen Mobility
- Speakers will share insights and expertise in two sessions: digital speech “Sustainability Spotlight with Hyundai Motor Group” and virtual panel discussion “What’s next for the hydrogen economy”
During the event, Hyundai will highlight its global leadership in the development, mass production and export of hydrogen fuel cell systems for electric vehicles and beyond.
Climate Action is an organisation which establishes and builds partnerships between business, government and public bodies to accelerate international sustainable development and advance the green economy. The Hydrogen Transition Summit explores the role of clean hydrogen as a key driver of the transition to net-zero. At the 2021 Summit, over 1,000 key stakeholders will gather for a series of talks and panel discussions across the two days and discuss the essential action points that are required to make the hydrogen economy a reality.
Two speakers will represent Hyundai at the 2021 Hydrogen Transition Summit: Dr. –ing. Saehoon Kim, Executive Vice President of Hyundai Motor Group and Head of the Group’s Fuel Cell Centre, a dedicated organisation to develop technologies and new business opportunities surrounding hydrogen energy. Meanwhile, Mark Freymüller is the CEO of Hyundai Hydrogen Mobility (HHM), a joint venture between Hyundai and the Swiss energy provider H2 Energy. Through HHM, he has played a vital role in the rollout of a unique business case to bring hydrogen mobility to Switzerland, starting in the commercial shipping sector, using the Hyundai H2 XCIENT Fuel Cell truck.
As an industry partner of Climate Action, Hyundai will participate in two sessions. In “Sustainability Spotlight with Hyundai Motor Group”, Dr. Kim will deliver a virtual speech outlining Hyundai’s belief in clean mobility. He will discuss the global adoption of fuel cells and hydrogen for transport, and the impact this is having on different regions around the world.
I am very happy to be part of this important event and share what Hyundai is doing to contribute to a zero-emission future.
To watch the “Sustainability Spotlight with Hyundai Motor Group” which will take place on Thursday, 25 February from 16:05 to 16:10. You can register on this link.
Mark Freymüller will appear during a virtual panel discussion: “What’s next for the hydrogen economy”. He will explain how Hyundai Hydrogen Mobility is rolling out a business case in Switzerland for fuel cell technology in the commercial shipping sector that is both economically and environmentally sustainable. Freymüller will emphasise Hyundai’s commitment to providing eco-friendly commercial vehicles and developing infrastructure, demonstrating how this is proof of the company’s holistic approach to clean mobility. Following the discussion, there will be a live online Q&A session.
Other speakers on the panel will include:
- Andreas Wagner, Hydrogen Lead Energy Transitions Commission
- Bart Biebuyk, Executive Director The Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU)
- Sérgio Goulart Machado, Director of Global Business Development and PMO for Hydrogen Galp
“What’s next for the hydrogen economy” at the 2021 Hydrogen Transition Summit will take place on Thursday 25 February from 11:50 AM to 12:30 PM. To register for the event, please click the following link.