- i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition to feature new exclusive design elements, such as dark bronze matte forged 19-inch alloy wheels, unique badges, and dedicated livery
- Interior to include red interior accents and extensive usage of Alcantara
- Limited production of 800 units of i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition with 620 reserved exclusively for the European market now available
- To increase exclusivity, each unit to display unique badge with designated number
Hyundai Motor has announced the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition, an exclusive, special version of the high-performance Hyundai i30 N and Hyundai i30 Fastback N. This unique edition of the new i30 N delivers the same high-performance driving experience with a distinctive exterior and interior design. The start of production began in the last week of April with a limited volume being planned – 620 units being reserved exclusively to Hyundai Motor Europe and the remaining 180 units to Hyundai Motor Company Australia.
To develop the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition, Hyundai enhanced the current i30 N using market feedback, media feedback, and inspiration by N-thusiasts – its community of Hyundai N fans – who have already been modifying their units of i30 N. The exclusive edition is available in two body styles – hatchback or fastback – and two body colours – Phantom Black Pearl and the new Serenity White Pearl. The i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition also comes with either a manual transmission or N DCT, Hyundai’s in-house developed eight-speed wet-type dual-clutch transmission, for an even sportier driving experience.
The i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition comes standard with the Performance Package. On top of delivering 280 PS, the engine allows for flat power, which generates more torque and power at lower RPMs to take advantage of the engine’s potential in everyday driving situations.
As with new i30 N, the N DCT version of i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition enables three N performance functions for an even sportier experience: N Power Shift, N Grin Shift, and N Track Sense Shift. By using the N Grin Shift (NGS) button, the car will get a “boost” of additional 10 PS for the amount of 20 seconds.
New, exclusive design
The exterior and interior designs of the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition have been carried over from the new i30 N to deliver the same fun-to-drive experience wrapped in a more exclusive package.
The exterior will feature 19-inch forged alloy wheels in a dark bronze matte finish; black Hyundai badges; special decals on the side, front and rear; and two dedicated Drive-N badges in dark bronze matte on the side fenders. The badges on the i30 N Drive‑N Limited Edition also display the GPS coordinates of the home of the N models, the Hyundai Motor Europe Test Center at Nürburgring in Germany. Hyundai’s high-performance cars are developed, tested, and honed at the Nürburgring-Nordschleife since 2011.
The interior of each unit is outfitted with a unique numbered badge, depicting its position among the limited volume of 800 total units. Instead of leather, Alcantara with red stitching will cover the steering wheel, gear lever, armrest, and handbrake. All accents decorating the interior will be in red colour. This applies to the seat belts in the front and rear, the steering wheel N buttons, the inserts and stitching of the N Light Seats with its new pattern. The i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition also has exclusive floor mats with specific lettering.
In addition to this all-new look, the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition will also be fully equipped. It includes a rear stiffness bar, a glass roof, and an extensive list of Hyundai Smart Sense active safety features. On top of the safety features that come standard in the i30 N, the i30 N Drive-N Limited Edition with manual transmission also comes with Blind-Spot Collision Warning and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning, while the limited edition with N DCT offers Blind-spot Collision-avoidance Assist and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-avoidance Assist. For added comfort and convenience, N-thusiasts can also enjoy its heated steering wheel, a large 10.25-inch AVN touchscreen, and wireless charger.
Hyundai N: Never just drive
Hyundai N’s brand slogan is ‘Never just drive’. This claim captures the mindset and spirit of N: Do more than simply drive. Enjoy every second of it.
To ensure this, the high-performance engines found in Hyundai N models are tuned for great responsiveness and excellent power output. This display of power shows customers that driving is not just about reaching a destination – it can be exciting as well.
Born in Namyang, honed at Nürburgring
Hyundai N stands for Namyang, where Hyundai Motor’s global research and development centre is in Korea. Opened in 1995, the Namyang R&D Center is the heart of the company’s global research and development network, the birthplace of Hyundai N, and where the i30 N was conceived.
N also stands for Nürburgring. Hyundai’s high-performance technologies are tested and further developed at one of the world’s most challenging racetracks, Nürburgring-Nordschleife.
Disclaimer: CO2 and emissions data
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDi (250 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 7.7; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 175 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDi (280 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 8.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 182 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDi with N DCT in l/100 km: 8.4; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 191 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDi (250 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 7.7; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 175 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDi (280 PS) with 6MT in l/100 km: 8.0; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 182 (WLTP)
- Fuel consumption combined for the Hyundai i30 Fastback N 2.0 T-GDi with N DCT in l/100 km: 8.4; CO2 emissions combined in g/km: 191 (WLTP)