- Theme: Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS),
- Year founded: 2015
- Development stage: Initial PoCs
- Locations: Israel, Silicon Valley, China
- Business model: Licensing
- Current funding: B Round
- Main Investors: Canaan Partners, Maniv Mobility, Our Crowd, Hyundai
- Status with Hyundai: Tech evaluation with HMETC ESD
Arbe is disrupting radar technology to support drivers and autonomous vehicles in the moments that matter most.
The development of autonomous driving technology is well underway, but it’s not ready for widespread use in real-life conditions yet. One of the biggest challenges facing autonomous vehicles is the ability to detect external objects – not just other vehicles but pedestrians, motorcycles, traffic cones, and other moving and non-moving objects. Arbe Robotics is developing an advanced radar system that creates high-resolution imaging, avoids interfering with other vehicles’ signals, and nearly eliminates false positives (detecting phantom objects) as well as false negatives (failure to detect real objects). The company’s goal is to make this technology compact, energy-efficient and cost-effective enough for mass production and everyday use.
- Full DSP Radar for safety and autonomous applications
- Strong IP – 10 provisional patents
- FMCW 2.0: patented signal processing that allowing us to be the only solution for high resolution radar (48X48 channels) and lowest cost for mass-market radars
- First in industry to leverage advanced 22nm RF CMOS process
Enabling smart fusion: by pointing Camera & LiDAR to areas of interest and thus saving computation resources